Auxbeam GA80 Ram Mount

mr.travo

So me being the retired Army dress right dress kind of OCD fun guy that I am, I was looking for a Ram mount for my newly-half-installed Auxbeam GA80 switch panel. After searching through many Ram mount stores and searching hundreds of pictures looking at the way people mounted them in the JK I found THE solution. I ordered mine and it's en route right now. Once it arrives, I will post up pics of the actual product and the finished result. This is my first time buying something that has been 3D printed from someone. His material is:

"Material is of ASA, or acrylonitrile styrene acrylate, is a thermoplastic that combines mechanical strength, UV resistance and water resistance. It also has high dimensional stability and good chemical resistance, making it ideal for prototyping, outdoor applications and the automotive industry."

Auxbeam Switch Ram Mount

Seems to be a well made and thought out product. Once I found his, I looked around and found others but they seemed to be lacking the factory designed look as this one has.

Like I said, I will post up once it arrives and I install it. I just wanted to share my findings and hopefully it helps someone else out too. I am not a fan in drilling holes in my dash or other OEM plastic pieces (yea OCD).

jeeeep

Hooked
So me being the retired Army dress right dress kind of OCD fun guy that I am, I was looking for a Ram mount for my newly-half-installed Auxbeam GA80 switch panel. After searching through many Ram mount stores and searching hundreds of pictures looking at the way people mounted them in the JK I found THE solution. I ordered mine and it's en route right now. Once it arrives, I will post up pics of the actual product and the finished result. This is my first time buying something that has been 3D printed from someone. His material is:

"Material is of ASA, or acrylonitrile styrene acrylate, is a thermoplastic that combines mechanical strength, UV resistance and water resistance. It also has high dimensional stability and good chemical resistance, making it ideal for prototyping, outdoor applications and the automotive industry."

Auxbeam Switch Ram Mount

Seems to be a well made and thought out product. Once I found his, I looked around and found others but they seemed to be lacking the factory designed look as this one has.

Like I said, I will post up once it arrives and I install it. I just wanted to share my findings and hopefully it helps someone else out too. I am not a fan in drilling holes in my dash or other OEM plastic pieces (yea OCD).
3D printed on a hobby 3D printer; I'd stay away from it.

mr.travo

Uses the ram mount name but not a ram product? That’s pretty shorty of him. And for that price you could get a real ram mount. also the quality of that looks terrible.
Aren’t you a bright and sunny ray of sunshine! Where did he use the Ram name? No where on the product that I saw. Show me a “real” ram mount that mounts to the Auxbeam switch face.

mr.travo

3D printed on a hobby 3D printer; I'd stay away from so

View attachment 398342

It really does look like ass though. Not good ass either.
Hey genius, look at the work before it- LIKE. As in SIMILAR. Good thing you aren't lawyer....

This is a young man trying to start something to help others, cut him some slack. Are you so blind and sick hearted that you pass a young girl's lemonade stand and complain that you can get it cheaper at the store? Pull your head out of your self centered 3 point of contact and start giving other people a stinkin' chance. People that share your "everyone is in the wrong" attitude is what is bringing our nation down. Yep, I said it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey genius, look at the work before it- LIKE. As in SIMILAR. Good thing you aren't lawyer....

This is a young man trying to start something to help others, cut him some slack. Are you so blind and sick hearted that you pass a young girl's lemonade stand and complain that you can get it cheaper at the store? Pull your head out of your self centered 3 point of contact and start giving other people a stinkin' chance. People that share your "everyone is in the wrong" attitude is what is bringing our nation down. Yep, I said it.
Lol why are you so defensive of some rando on Etsy? Why do you care if he makes it in the business or not?

If a product sucks it sucks. Doesn’t matter if they are large business or small. That product looks like ass plain and simple. He should have sanded the ball down some.

kevman65

Hooked
He's making and selling a product that is a copy of a major company. He uses that company's name as an item description.
Any lawyer will tell YOU that person is in violation of trademark and copyright laws.

It does look like ass. Looks like he glued Lego's together and shaped the ball with a dull hand chisel.

mr.travo

Lol why are you so defensive of some rando on Etsy? Why do you care if he makes it in the business or not?

If a product sucks it sucks. Doesn’t matter if they are large business or small. That product looks like ass plain and simple. He should have sanded the ball down some.
There’s no use explaining it to you if you have to ask. I like seeing younger people use their heads and develop a solution. I bet if it was you, you would appreciate some help. But you already have everything figured out so….

mr.travo

He's making and selling a product that is a copy of a major company. He uses that company's name as an item description.
Any lawyer will tell YOU that person is in violation of trademark and copyright laws.

It does look like ass. Looks like he glued Lego's together and shaped the ball with a dull hand chisel.
Not a copy. Are you trying to say no one can produce something with a 1” ball on it? Get outta here.

Well if YOU are that lawyer then bring it. YOU are what’s wrong with this nation. People who bring others down for trying to make something. In the end people like YOU are just miserable people who get off on trying to destroy others. I have met many people like you in my life and honestly I feel sorry for you. You’re missing out on what USED to make America great. All you are interested in now is trying to be “right” at every little thing. What a miserable existence. I commend this young man for creating something that doesn’t exist and helping others. It’s a shame you can’t see the good in that.

Enjoy the rest of your hate filled day friend! LOL!

WJCO

Meme King

Lol. Dude, see a doctor. You're defending this guy like he's your wife. This 'young man' buddy of yours could have just bought a RAM ball and included it in his kit since he name-dropped the company. Also, direct copycats are bringing this nation down way more than my attitude. And I don't drink lemonade. If you'd like to play again, insert another quarter.

kevman65

Hooked
It's not hate. You're the one filled with hate towards anyone that has a differing opinion.

This Country is based on Rule of Law. Your friend has infringed on several of them. You'll notice I didn't mention PATENT anywhere, that's where the 1 inch ball comes into play. But since he used a different process to develop his mount, patent doesn't come into play.

But, by mentioning another manufacturer in his item description, copyright and trademark DO come into play.

Go take your Xanax and chill.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There’s no use explaining it to you if you have to ask. I like seeing younger people use their heads and develop a solution. I bet if it was you, you would appreciate some help. But you already have everything figured out so….
How do you know he is a younger person? You know nothing about the dude or chick.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not a copy. Are you trying to say no one can produce something with a 1” ball on it? Get outta here.

Well if YOU are that lawyer then bring it. YOU are what’s wrong with this nation. People who bring others down for trying to make something. In the end people like YOU are just miserable people who get off on trying to destroy others. I have met many people like you in my life and honestly I feel sorry for you. You’re missing out on what USED to make America great. All you are interested in now is trying to be “right” at every little thing. What a miserable existence. I commend this young man for creating something that doesn’t exist and helping others. It’s a shame you can’t see the good in that.

Enjoy the rest of your hate filled day friend! LOL!
Talk about someone always wanting to be right.
Lol. Dude, see a doctor. You're defending this guy like he's your wife. This 'young man' buddy of yours could have just bought a RAM ball and included it in his kit since he name-dropped the company. Also, direct copycats are bringing this nation down way more than my attitude. And I don't drink lemonade. If you'd like to play again, insert another quarter.
No kidding. Lot of doctors out there.

But then it would be smaller then 1". 🤣

Top Bottom