Aux. Battery

oK I was trying to understand this aux battery and why Jeep and whoever needs them vs others with only main battery, I mean if the computer is so sensitive, to me that would be the issue in design. But I will say my 21 JTR still has OEM aux battery and the darn video you made that started my brain on this quest does make it look easier than I thought.
SO I give up :D:ROFLMAO:

Jim

oK I was trying to understand this aux battery and why Jeep and whoever needs them vs others with only main battery, I mean if the computer is so sensitive, to me that would be the issue in design. But I will say my 21 JTR still has OEM aux battery and the darn video you made that started my brain on this quest does make it look easier than I thought.

Jim

The advanced class kids delete or bypass the AUX, because it's notorious for crapping out and taking the the main battery down with it.
The batteries are parallel except during ESS events, so if one begins to die, it is free to start sucking the life out of the other. A situation that has left many high and dry.

It's an emissions reduction feature to appease the EPA and get a slightly better MPG rating on the window sticker.

Some people disable ESS with a Tazer, but unless you break the physical link between the two batteries, you're still at risk for it dying and taking the main down with it.

At any rate, do what works best for you. Mine has been offline for over a year and zero issues. ESS still works off the main battery, on the rare occasions when I overlook hitting the button.
It takes maybe ten minutes to put back to factory setup if I need to go in for any warranty services.
Same with the catch can (y)

The advanced class kids delete or bypass the AUX, because it's notorious for crapping out and taking the the main battery down with it.
The batteries are parallel except during ESS events, so if one begins to die, it is free to start sucking the life out of the other. A situation that has left many high and dry.

It's an emissions reduction feature to appease the EPA and get a slightly better MPG rating on the window sticker.

Some people disable ESS with a Tazer, but unless you break the physical link between the two batteries, you're still at risk for it dying and taking the main down with it.

At any rate, do what works best for you. Mine has been offline for over a year and zero issues. ESS still works off the main battery, on the rare occasions when I overlook hitting the button.
It takes maybe ten minutes to put back to factory setup if I need to go in for any warranty services.
LOL - one has to wonder if your manhood is in question here or something but I do commend you on your commitment to this (y)

Jim
LOL - clearly the design is stupid. I don't think anyone has ever questioned that. All I have been trying to do is help people from making a decision that might affect things like their warranty. But, as mentioned, it's your Jeep and you should always do what you believe is best for it (y)

This forum has what 30-40k members. Say one third of them have 2018 and newer platforms (JL/JT). I’ve literally never heard of a single one that has been “left high and dry” from a battery crapping out.

This forum has what 30-40k members. Say one third of them have 2018 and newer platforms (JL/JT). I’ve literally never heard of a single one that has been “left high and dry” from a battery crapping out.
My main battery crapped out in the garage, on the morning of a 2000 mile trip through the wastelands. The dash went totally crazy so I thought that the aux battery was the cause. The main battery had only 5 volts on it. So we took a different vehicle.

When we returned, the dealership replaced only the main battery and all has been fine another 4 years already!

Batteries are expected to fail so it is likely that anyone who feels concern carries a jump box.

Holy hell - no idea what is going on in this thread from the lack of manhood to the removal of factory installed batteries but… I think I’m gonna get an auxiliary lithium ion catch can for my Jeep because this one guy on facegram and instabook said I should.
I know! I’m gone a couple of days and miss out on all the fun! 🤣

Holy hell - no idea what is going on in this thread from the lack of manhood to the removal of factory installed batteries but… I think I’m gonna get an auxiliary lithium ion catch can for my Jeep because this one guy on facegram and instabook said I should.
Now that is funny!
Do you think they have chrome ones?
:ROFLMAO:
Jim

Top Bottom