aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

aTX427

Only for trailering to a site. I will have the windshield bolt to the cage like stock, but want to be able to remove it without needing to remove wires or have the brackets hanging off like the cage has from the MFG. I may fab up a bolt a poly carbonate shield to the cage when I'm off-roading to avoid debris.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's not a site sponsor's product, so out of respect for our sponsors I purposely omitted the source. However, am modifying the sections to my liking making it a semi custom solution. With the exception of the dash, interior is gone for good including the carpet, moulding, padding, ect. I have simple lightweight seat brackets, 5-pt harnesses and suspension seats going in front and back. I am going to set it up with a b-pillar chop, soft half doors, and an OEM soft top for the winter. No windshield, top or tailgate in the warmer months to minimize weight. The spare tire is going to ride inside for now.

Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

I worked on the Jeep all weekend and made a lot of progress, but really don't have a whole lot to show for it. Friday, I pulled the cage out to paint the mounts, cleaned up the metal shavings, sealed the mounting holes and re-installed the cage. Yesterday, I ran the ARB harness, mounted the locker switch panel and tested the lockers. Installed the front bump stops, ran another harness for the seat heaters and mounted their switch panel. Then I test fitted a new to me 2017 soft top. It fits really well and the good news is that it shares a lot of the same mounts as the Trektop glide, so I could upgrade at a later date if desired. Today was pretty much spent on the steering. The Evo No-limits should arrive tomorrow, along new coilover springs. I need to lower the rear by about 2", so I ordered a set of Evo/King 150lb/200lb coils.

aTX427

Thanks. I painted the cage and seat mounts with a black VHT roll/chassis paint and plan on having the cage powder coated in bronze.

Last edited:

AdrockTT

The b-pillar chop wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Wrapped the pillar with tape, grabbed the saws-all and let her eat.

View attachment 285010
View attachment 285011

Looking good! I need to come see this build soon. I'm headed to hidden falls Sat...let's organize a wheeling trip when you're done. We have a Houston group that I can add you to - PM me your FB info if interested.

aTX427

Looking good! I need to come see this build soon. I'm headed to hidden falls Sat...let's organize a wheeling trip when you're done. We have a Houston group that I can add you to - PM me your FB info if interested.

Hey - thanks. Definitely interested in joining group outings, but not on FB.

boardsurfer

Are you planning on relocating the seatbelt mount? Or are you going with a cross-bar, harness and custom seats?

edit: scrolled back and I see the seats. derp.

Last edited:

aTX427

Yes, suspension seats and harnesses. I just didn't have the harness bar mounted yet in that last photo.

aTX427

I was finally able to button up the remaining Punch list items; seat heaters, harnesses, cb, driving lights, rock lights and spare. The weight with the spare and a full tank of fuel came in at 5,250lbs, a bit heavier than expected with 500lbs more front to rear.

IMG_1465.JPG

Top Bottom