atx slabs marked with black ink(?) stain

Just because you'll beat them up doesn't mean they have to show up to your door looking like crap.

This is exactly right. It drives me nuts when companies (and sadly almost no company is above doing this) send out what amount to blems hoping that the consumer won't go to the trouble to return them. So they are basically able to unload "seconds" for full price.

It also drives me nuts when people say "You're going to mess them up anyway. What's the big deal?" The big deal is I just bought a new item. Not a used item. QC should be important to a company. I used to run into this on M4 forums all the time. The three or four really good manufacturers would have a bad run of lowers and people would complain about the fit and finish, for example. They'd get castigated for pointing out what essentially were only cosmetic issues and didn't really affect the function of the product.

Sorry but I want to EARN the scratches and scrapes on my hard use stuff. Jeeps, guns, etc.

Sucks to send those back but I'd exchange ALL of the rings that aren't right. You paid for them.

Yeah, I forgot to mention these are brand new. Maybe it was a bad batch. I emailed the vendor and I'll see what they say.

Or if you do know you are going to beat them up or paint them, ask for a credit. Get some money back

Or if you do know you are going to beat them up or paint them, ask for a credit. Get some money back

We'll see. The stains really don't bother me but we'll see what the company says. If they make it right, then good on them. If not, well I won't be giving them my business ever again. It's a simple rule I live by. ;)

An update. The vendor told me that they'll get out replacement rings for free and said ATX didn't want the old rings. They told me to keep them as a spare or to just toss them.

Top Bottom