Attempt to Solicit the Internet for Suspension Improvement Advice

StdNrml

I have a 2022 Sprot model. Love it! I need like 1.5 or 2 more inches to get me where I go regularly without issue. I would to get this mostly from the tires. Move from 31 to 34 I think. Have considered the following options.

Rubicon spring/shock takeoff. It seems like this would get me where I need to be. Would like 285/75R17 or even possibly the 255/85r17. It seems like conventional wisdom is that 285s would not be any issue. The problem is finding decent condition used parts in my area for an appropriate price.

Rubicon diesel takeoff. These sem to be in greater supply near-ish to me. I already get a little fishy at speed on some of the places I go. I don't know if making the rear end too stiff from diesel springs will be a good idea??

Any budget lifts < 3". Really like some of the 2.5". Although, I don't need all that much articulation or performance that some of them offer and replacing the driveshaft and/or rims robably puts the couple I've seen out of my price range.

Any and all input is considered valuable. Thank you. Apologies if this repeat thread. A cursory search this weekend led me all over the place and I'm having difficulty putting all the crowd sourced wisdom together for.myself.

There's a couple of things to consider here. First, factory coils are corner specific and the diesel has it's gas tank on the driver side. As in, installing them on your Jeep WILL make your Jeep lean toward the passenger side and by A LOT due to the fact that your gas tank is on the passenger side. Second, if you like the ride you have now, Rubicon coils WILL be stiffer. Not a big deal but something to be aware of.

Good aftermarket options would be what was mentioned above, a Rancho Sport lift. I have installed one in the past and found it to be really nice.

I would think the diesel being much heavier, the coils would make the ride on a sport pretty stiff.

Rancho would be my choice for an economical lift that's made to work with your particular model Jeep.

Top Bottom