Artec truss and cold welds

Lperdue

I installed an article two years ago for and notice a few cold welds along some of the cast iron section (I guess it wasn’t properly heat when it was originally installed). Sooo since I’ll have the truck in the rack at eco next month for long arms I have two options

a) have them grind down and re-weld the truss in the effected areas

b) remove and go install EVO’s truss instead

From what I was able to find EVO’s truss is 1/4 inch steel vs Artec’s 1/8 steel. Should I remove it and go with EVO’s or keep what I have, since it’s not bent or broken. Ultimately I’m just trying to figure out which will give me more reliability and strength.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough one. Being that it's already burned on, I'd be leaning to just leaving what you have and fixing the problem areas. Sure, it's thinner steel but really, I'd argue that you don't even really need it at all. So, what you have now will still be better than the nicer axles your Jeep came with.

Lperdue

That's a tough one. Being that it's already burned on, I'd be leaning to just leaving what you have and fixing the problem areas. Sure, it's thinner steel but really, I'd argue that you don't even really need it at all. So, what you have now will still be better than the nicer axles your Jeep came with.
Thanks for the advice, thats the route I was leaning towards. But I’ll definitely be going with EVO’s version for Jaela’s build in the future. Unless she steals my front axle when I’m ready to move to 40’s.

Top Bottom