Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

Are you happy with the spring rates that came on your EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs?

• Yes, I am competely satified with the spring rates I got out of the box.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • No. I wish they came with a softer spring rate

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No. I wish they came with a heavier spring rate

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters

LO_Rex

I have read that with shocks with raised bottom plates it is best to run springs with the same length as the travel of the shock. Do we know why EVO went with 10" top and 12" bottom springs in the rear?

If you switched to higher rate 10"s both top and bottom would it allow you to dial in preload and not be sky high?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have read that with shocks with raised bottom plates it is best to run springs with the same length as the travel of the shock. Do we know why EVO went with 10" top and 12" bottom springs in the rear?

If you switched to higher rate 10"s both top and bottom would it allow you to dial in preload and not be sky high?

I didn’t realize the evo Kit was sky high. You should call evo and king shocks and tell them that they don’t know what they are doing with this kit for the last 8 years because what you read on the Internet is different.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LO_Rex

I didn’t realize the evo Kit was sky high. You should call evo and king shocks and tell them that they don’t know what they are doing with this kit for the last 8 years because what you read on the Internet is different.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is not a tall lift out of the box. I was commenting on what people above seem to be experiencing when keep increasing the rates with the same size springs.

Ajkaz

If you ran 10's top and bottom you'd need way too much preload just to level the Jeep and stay off the bumpstops.

I have read that some later kits came with 12's top and bottom, any truth to this?

I have 1.75" of preload in the rear and am considering higher rates, as I'm on the bumps too easily and I dont want to increase height at all.

Last edited:

mayday_soc

How much shock shaft do you guys recommend to have showing front and rear? Also, how does shock shaft equate to uptravel in the rear seeing that the coilovers are angled back? Would 3.5” of shock shaft equal 3.5” of uptravel or will there be more? Or is it negligible?

Secondly, should the ride coil be less than the bottom coil? So instead of being 250/250, should I try something like 225/275 for a smooth transition when the ride coil hits the timing rings?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know I could call and ask but does anyone know if you can buy the brackets only for these?

Or does anyone have front bolt on brackets they want to unload?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know I could call and ask but does anyone know if you can buy the brackets only for these?

Or does anyone have front bolt on brackets they want to unload?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I'm pretty sure you can. At least, I'm pretty sure they used to sell the kit minus the coilovers on Amazon that way. Not sure if they do anymore.

wjtstudios

Hooked
guys who have gone stiffer springs, are you still running sway bars?
I’m still running mine front and rear sway bars. When my front E disco wouldn’t lock back up, there was noticeable amount of body roll at road speed

I’m running 250/300 front, 300/350 rears.

midnightmods

I’m still running mine front and rear sway bars. When my front E disco wouldn’t lock back up, there was noticeable amount of body roll at road speed

I’m running 250/300 front, 300/350 rears.
What swaybar links? factory swaybars?

have a rubicon so the E-sway is still working, just disconnected currently, looking at Evo links.

I am also looking at 250/300 fronts, how much pre load thread do you have?

wjtstudios

Hooked
What swaybar links? factory swaybars?

have a rubicon so the E-sway is still working, just disconnected currently, looking at Evo links.

I am also looking at 250/300 fronts, how much pre load thread do you have?
EVO adjustable up front and the EVO links that came with the kit for the rear.

I’m running between 2-2.5” of preload all the way around.

I have a ARB fridge, pro eagle jack and a bunch of tools and parts I carry in the back. That’s the reason for the 300/350s for the rears

Top Bottom