Are Rancho Shocks any good on Gladiators?

jeeeep

Hooked
I've run ranchos on my JKU and JLU, for the limited amount of off-road use they saw they were perfect but, if you plan to go fast during those times, they'll work for a short run but not meant for fast off-road driving.

kevman65

Hooked
Hope so, have a set of the 9000's coming myself.

Eddie has an install video using Rancho parts and I think he does a review on the shocks in another.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Never owned a Gladiator. Have owned a few different types of Rancho shocks.

The Rancho 9000 and the RS7MT are both good shocks. Both are slow to fade. That is, when they get hot, performance degrades gradually, not suddenly.

I’ve owned two sets of 9000s on an XJ and at first, I liked them. The problems I had were each firmness setting felt the same and the adjuster knobs kept breaking off. I switched to the Rancho 7000s and got the same performance for less money and they had no fiddley bits to break off.

The RS7MTs are made in Germany at the Bilstein factory. In my experience, they perform better than the any Rancho shock I’ve tried and have held up well in my JK over the last two years. They did fade trying to keep up with Eddie during the New Year’s Run, but never went away completely. The RS7MTs are the best value in their price range.

To be sure there are better performing shocks than the RS7MTs. But those shocks are gonna cost ya.

Top Bottom