are hardtops worth the money?

rob_p

I think that location makes a difference, I'm in the North East.

Having said that I had an 07 JKU with a soft top and never thought about a hard top.

But I got dual tops with my 2011 and pretty much run 6 months on/6 months off of each, switching them in April and October.

For me the soft top is essential while the hard top is (very) nice to have, plus it's kind a fun to switch it up.

Lil Nasty

I'm in south Louisiana. I just tried the soft top for the first time this past winter. It wasn't my cup of tea. I prefer my hard top. I thought my hard top was easier to take off!?! Just not able to do it anywhere. During our winter / monsoon season I'd rather the hard top. I want to try the TrekTop NX this summer though. Our weather changes so often I'd like the option to remove or install my top anywhere.

xrocknrollx

Maybe soft tops have gone a long way for noise, but I went hardtop with mu 14 and I love it. It's 9db quiter at 80mph over my tj which had a trektop. I really like getting out after a long drive and not having my ears ringing.... My hardtop will only be off during the 3 months of summer around here so it's worth it for me

66bmx6

I can not imagine winter without a hard top. But if i lived in south Florida i could live without it, if had a good soft top.

GreggNY

I had a '13 with soft top and now a '14 with the hard top. I loved the soft top for ease of going topless, but the hard too is much quieter and keeps the jeep warmer. The hard top also offers much more security if you leave anything important in the jeep.

Brankz

Congrats! Dam man 500 bucks was a still if you ever want to traded for a trektop nx let me know 😁 I know my header is broken but I'm buying a new top this week 👍

Armydog

Hardtop is definitely worth it. I can't imagine not having both a hard and soft top. Guess I'm spoiled but my TJ is like a third of the price you guys paid for a JK. Guess that makes a difference. Either way, sounds like you got a great deal

Speeddmn

Good deal, quick question, are all the hard top mounting locations and such the same? as in a 2007 model would fit a 2012 and vice versa?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Good deal, quick question, are all the hard top mounting locations and such the same? as in a 2007 model would fit a 2012 and vice versa?

The freedom pannel quick latches are different. However, my understanding is that it still works both ways.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
That $500 was a score. Hard tops are not cheap. I got a hard top on my second Jeep for security reason. It's got the freedom panels that I can take off and have a partial topless feel. PITA when I want to take the entire top off because I have no where to put the entire top but it is quiet compared to the soft top Jeep I had.

Top Bottom