ARB Twin compressor mounting?

I thought it did. Does doing that help with it hitting the hood like people are having problems with?

It does allow you to angle it a little bit. Mine is under the seat and I angled it to give me the most clearance. The fitting that comes with the compressor is a little tall and I think you can save some space with a different one.

How do you rotate the manifold in the middle?

There is a nut on the end of the internal manifold that you loosen then rotate, you have to remove the black cover first and it will be clear - it is in the Destructions

Last edited:

Hilux

Smallest 90 degree elbow

I was looking at this last night with boardsurfer. I bought an off the shelf elbow at Ace and hooked a quick disconnect to it and it was still hitting the hood. It's going to take the absolute smallest elbow to work. The blue elbow that comes with the compressor would work if the threading was right, but any off the shelf will be larger most likely. I might stop by a specialty air shop that makes custom hoses and such to see if they can help me engineer a good solution.

I found this 90 degree elbow on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008217D04?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
It seems to fit now, but I'll have to remove the hood insolation to see how much clearance this provide. The other alternative is to point it towards the driver seat as the hood slope upwards towards the window, but I do not have much room back there due to my relay box which is mounted between the firewall and the compressor. I still think the elbow listed above with a braided stainless air hose it the best option. I need to figure out where I want the quick disconnect. 3-4 feet for on the bumper or grill or just the shorted VIAIR one naysjp found for us.

The last and more expensive option is to just add the ARB MANIFOLD KIT which allows for a quick release connector. One more thing to mount. This is however my least favorite as it will take up the space where you can mount the sPod, if I decide to add more switches. My current homemade box has 4 switches.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
There is a nut on the end of the internal manifold that you loosen then rotate, you have to remove the black cover first and it will be clear - it is in the Destructions

Why would I read the manual when I have you to tell me these things? :D

Thanks, that did the trick it looks like.

BigPrince

I was looking at this last night with boardsurfer. I bought an off the shelf elbow at Ace and hooked a quick disconnect to it and it was still hitting the hood. It's going to take the absolute smallest elbow to work. The blue elbow that comes with the compressor would work if the threading was right, but any off the shelf will be larger most likely. I might stop by a specialty air shop that makes custom hoses and such to see if they can help me engineer a good solution.

I'm using the 90deg elbow that came with the compressor/mount and have mine rotated down and used a -4AN to 1/4 NPT adapter to hook up a normal 1/4 NPT tool quick connect. It does not hit the hood at all.

Adapter is:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-916144ERL

Here's my set up under the hood. I don't have air lockers yet, but I'm ready to go ( notice the yellow bag in the front). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435278558.553116.jpg
Then I ran from the locker manifold to another manifold. Two lines, one on each side to my foot rest area to air up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435278640.336831.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435278662.428140.jpg plus, from that same manifold I have an air up port and plenty of slots to run a line to a tank/ other.

sjd78

If you are going with in the cab instead of under the hood the CMM under-seat option is a very nice solution. I just helped a friend install one this last weekend and pretty slick. Running the wiring is of course not as easy as under-hood and takes more time but the finished install is very nice. We actually removed the battery tray, etc., and ran through the firewall boot that is under the battery tray (yes it was a bit of a pain but a very clean install when done).

Running the wiring through the fire wall under the battery tray was the ARB harness long enough or did you guys have to lengthen it? I just received my compressor and CMM bracket and plan on routing it the same way.

Desert Crawler

I'm installing mine in the morning. Under seat with the CMM bracket. Putting a tee fitting coming off the compressor and running lines to couplers mounted under both front seats. I'm sure I will need to fab up some brackets to hold the couplers under each front seat and will worry about that when the time comes. May be a little more work, but should be a clean semi-hidden install when finished.

sjd78

I'm installing mine in the morning. Under seat with the CMM bracket. Putting a tee fitting coming off the compressor and running lines to couplers mounted under both front seats. I'm sure I will need to fab up some brackets to hold the couplers under each front seat and will worry about that when the time comes. May be a little more work, but should be a clean semi-hidden install when finished.

If you don't mind report back and let me know if the arb harness is long enough to reach the battery or if it needs to be lengthened. Thanks!

Heholua

If you don't mind report back and let me know if the arb harness is long enough to reach the battery or if it needs to be lengthened. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's long enough. If you can stretch it across the engine bay, under the passenger seat through the firewall should be fine. I installed mine on top of the brake booster and ran the harness along the firewall.

Ddays

Hooked
Harness is definitely long enough. I just installed mine this way a couple weeks ago. See last page of my build thread. I ran harness through a drain plug and along frame then up from behind battery box instead of through firewall. Also have my manifold mounted on the CMM mount with a small bracket I made. Good luck!

Edit - supplied hose that runs from manifold to compressor wont work under the seats. I used a 90 deg fitting and made my own hose.

Last edited:

Slappy32

I just installed my twin with CMM under seat bracket and its wiring harness was just long enough. The large cable with the four wires had just a few inches to spare, running through the firewall passthrough underneath the battery tray. I'm also using the Switch Pros module and their adapter harness as well as the Griffin dual battery tray.

sjd78

I just installed my twin with CMM under seat bracket and its wiring harness was just long enough. The large cable with the four wires had just a few inches to spare, running through the firewall passthrough underneath the battery tray. I'm also using the Switch Pros module and their adapter harness as well as the Griffin dual battery tray.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be installing a Switch Pros unit with harness as well.

Top Bottom