ARB Single Air Compressor under the seat mount?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I got the carolina metal masters and the twin. The passenger seat goes up about 3/8", but it's not noticeable. It's a pretty tight fit and I ended up making a braided line pigtail with AN fittings about a foot long with the QD fitting on the end. With the vinyl hose directly attached it got so hot it was nearly melting. There is room on top of the compressor to keep 25' of hose though, which is handy.

9AA8E89E-22EF-4BA2-9FA3-C8C61AA472E0_zpshkkop9xq.jpg

9E9FBDA3-4E2E-4FE2-A3B7-DF554A5F5015_zpslgvxsney.jpg

Here's the pig tail:

Last edited:

303jkpatriot

That is some good food for thought NevadaZielmeister. Similar to Mr. TY, I will only be using mine for airing up. I think I am going to give under the seat a shot and see how it goes.

Robertcrav

You know, when I see a compressor mounted under the passenger seat I always think it must be saying "I hate my passengers". The compressor is pretty noisy and gives off quite a bit of heat during operation. I usually always have passengers and I can only imagine how upset my wife would be if this compressor suddenly turns on when I am running my lockers or if this is an additional compressor situation, while I am airing up my tires. She normally likes to sit inside while it is cold outside and she attends to the kids during air up sequences.

Am I the only one?

What about running something like this in the back? Does anyone have experience with this?

Air locker newbie question...does the compressor constantly run while the locker is engaged? I have a dual and the Teraflex under seat mount to put in...if it's constant, then that's not where it will go...
Thanks,

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Air locker newbie question...does the compressor constantly run while the locker is engaged? I have a dual and the Teraflex under seat mount to put in...if it's constant, then that's not where it will go...
Thanks,

So to preface, I have the ARB Air lockers both front and rear. I find that it will turn on depending on how much rock crawling I am doing. When I first engage the locker, I get about 3 seconds of compression per axle until the locker is engaged. And then heavy crawling, about once every few minutes for about 1 second. But other than that, the compressor rarely comes on. The thing to think about is that when it does come on, it can be without warning. If you engage the lockers, maybe let your passenger know that it might come on without warning.

Hope this helps.

Robertcrav

So to preface, I have the ARB Air lockers both front and rear. I find that it will turn on depending on how much rock crawling I am doing. When I first engage the locker, I get about 3 seconds of compression per axle until the locker is engaged. And then heavy crawling, about once every few minutes for about 1 second. But other than that, the compressor rarely comes on. The thing to think about is that when it does come on, it can be without warning. If you engage the lockers, maybe let your passenger know that it might come on without warning.

Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
A small air tank would keep the compressor from cycling so much. There's not much air volume in the arb lines, so it's hard to keep the pressure up without running the compressor a bunch.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
A small air tank would keep the compressor from cycling so much. There's not much air volume in the arb lines, so it's hard to keep the pressure up without running the compressor a bunch.

Hence, the reason why I have it in the engine compartment.

Top Bottom