Apex Designs Steering Boost

Ddays

Hooked
That kit looks interesting. I have a set of their fast deflation tire valves on a set of wheels and they're pretty nice. Seem to be very well made.

CalSgt

Hooked
A guy that lived down the way from me got one & he seemed pleased with it. He had a buggy, toyota, and a JL and I never saw him wheel the JL so I don't know if he ever really put it to the test. He moved out of state or I would have asked him for you.

CalSgt

Hooked
My understanding is it over rides the factory electric PS pump pressure regulator so you can turn it up to the limit of the hoses/lines. You install a few parts and a gauge then tweek the set screw until the pressure is just under the recommended limit. The kit comes with an auxiliary PS fluid cooler to assist with the heat caused by the increase in pressure.

What does it do exactly? Is this just for RAM setups?
With just the boost kit, it essentially increases the pressure in the hydraulic system to about 40% over stock. This does mean it runs hotter and includes a cooler.

PSC is using it in their ram assist kits for the 4XE, Diesel and I think 2.0T models since there really wasn’t a way to add a new complete pump like the 3.6L. So this was the next best option they include in their kits.

TrailHunter

Hooked
My understanding is it over rides the factory electric PS pump pressure regulator so you can turn it up to the limit of the hoses/lines. You install a few parts and a gauge then tweek the set screw until the pressure is just under the recommended limit. The kit comes with an auxiliary PS fluid cooler to assist with the heat caused by the increase in pressure.
With just the boost kit, it essentially increases the pressure in the hydraulic system to about 40% over stock. This does mean it runs hotter and includes a cooler.

PSC is using it in their ram assist kits for the 4XE, Diesel and I think 2.0T models since there really wasn’t a way to add a new complete pump like the 3.6L. So this was the next best option they include in their kits.
So it’s a JL thing?

benatc1

Hooked

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this as my research has left me with that PSC route with my incoming etourque engine

benatc1

Hooked
Yup for those too lol I’ll snag pics of the process and what not when I do it if that helps. I’ve heard good things though and uses the PSC cooler when installing their kit.
Yea that’s be awesome, I’m assume it’s a good set up is PSC is putting their name behind it.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

I wouldn’t be using it for any of those models.

Definitely let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom