Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
The projections from the White House, which are the more conservative ones that I've seen, are not based solely on mortality rates in comparison to confirmed cases...obviously they are no longer testing anyone unless they have a strong suspicion of infection...they are based on models they believe how the infection will spread, and how many they believe will be hospitalized...

When the Donald is telling us that he should be getting a pat on the back for limiting deaths to only 100,000, that alone should be enough to concern you...

So, you will believe it when you believe it....

See my post above. Clearly the White House projections are not as conservative as those of the IHME.

In any event, while 100,000 deaths is tragic for sure, if we had to send the country into a depression to get to that 100,000 number I would sure like to know, realistically, what the number would have been without sending the country into a depression. Unfortunately, there is no way to arrive at that real number (what could have been) because it is impossible to have a control group.

Do I personally think a depression would be worth it to save 2.2 million lives? Most likely, yes. But, I don't believe the 2.2 million lives lost number is realistic, even in a complete herd immunity response. Do I personally think a depression would be worth it to save 100,000 lives (the difference between the WH's projected 100k and a random 200k that I came up with for discussion purposes), the answer is most likely no.

Question though: Are the people you know telling you that the same person can contract the virus (coronavirus), get the disease (covid-19), get better, and then contract it again? I have yet to see anyone make that claim, much less see the data to support such a claim. Of course, the virus theoretically can mutate rendering prior exposure wholly or partially pointless. If that happens though, a vaccine is going to only have limited usefulness anyway. Absent such mutation, however, there are not an unlimited number of hosts for the virus.

No...they all believe that those that have completely resolved the disease after infection most likely will not become re-infected, but this can only be confirmed with much more data, which we will have eventually...can this (or any) virus mutate...yes, of course. This happens often to influenza, which requires constant changes to the vaccine...which is most likely what will occur in this case. The situation that most feel is a going to be a problem is that after symptoms subside from a suspected infection that people will let there guard down when it comes to social distancing, when in fact they are most likely still contagious...

See my post above. Clearly the White House projections are not as conservative as those of the IHME.

In any event, while 100,000 deaths is tragic for sure, if we had to send the country into a depression to get to that 100,000 number I would sure like to know, realistically, what the number would have been without sending the country into a depression. Unfortunately, there is no way to arrive at that real number (what could have been) because it is impossible to have a control group.

Do I personally think a depression would be worth it to save 2.2 million lives? Most likely, yes. But, I don't believe the 2.2 million lives lost number is realistic, even in a complete herd immunity response. Do I personally think a depression would be worth it to save 100,000 lives (the difference between the WH's projected 100k and a random 200k that I came up with for discussion purposes), the answer is most likely no.
^^^ This is my thought on the whole situation, however, I understand I may not feel that way if I have family members dying, so everything has to be looked at though an optic, I suppose. NYC is expecting 30k cases that need critical care at its peak the last I heard, that is only a 1/3 of 1 percent of their population. If they can't handle that amount of their population then there has already been a failure in their healthcare system at the state level. But I digress, I'm nervous to see what the other side if this is going to look like depending on how long these measures go. I'm certainly not talking about for the people who have excessive disposable income, regardless they will be fine even if they take va hit. I'm talking about the people who live pay check to pay check, they suffer in a depressed economy

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m just grateful to still be working and being one of 10 guys working for my whole company of over 200 right now on “emergency work”. Don’t take shit for granted everyone. On a funny note. Not sure how a closed daycare on a DLA army base counts as emergency... but I’ll take it! Thank god for construction!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Especially when my county in PA goes into lockdown tonight at 8pm. grateful to still wake up and be able to work. Not sure why I’m part of the 5% of my company working but I’ll take it!

Don't look a gift penguin in the mouth...

Arizona has joined the movement.

However if you read the governor’s previous exec order on defining ‘essential services’ everything will stay the same besides the salons/barbers and some antique stores closing. I still plan on going jeeping / camping this weekend to enjoy the weather and get out of the house.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/conti...cle_47003656-720f-11ea-a513-138ee68fc7aa.html

I was supposed to be leaving for Bike Week this Wed... 4 days of cruising AZ in Hot Rods & Harleys with friends... All canceled. I’m so bummed.

Random “coincidence” possibly, but the 2010 Disney movie “Tangled” is about a girl isolated in a tower... in a kingdom called “Corona.”

Anyone self quarantined?

Random “coincidence” possibly, but the 2010 Disney movie “Tangled” is about a girl isolated in a tower... in a kingdom called “Corona.”

Good one, has Disney become prophetic

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom