Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the problem...Americans are arrogant. A week ago in Henderson, I went to the grocery store to get food...enough so I wouldn’t have to go back for a week...there were a ton of people stacked like sardines in lines outside Target, Smiths, etc...not 6 feet apart, talking to each other like it was a line to a concert...

I went for a mountain bike ride yesterday and passed the basketball courts at the park in dismay. There had to be 30 kids/young adults playing basketball.

Likely, they wouldn’t even know if they were infected but statistically I’d assume more than a few still live with their parents. It would be a different story for mom and dad if they pick up something while irresponsibly ignoring the social distancing recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I social distanced like a champ the past week. Well except for plumbing supplies and food. Have a second house about 3 hrs away, went up to refurb the bath of a house built in 1905. I did about 1/5th of what I wanted. But I'm not gonna sell that bitch any time soon with this going on. So I can take more time on it. And I may have motivated my younger bro to do some taping and initial mudding which and i can finish over a long weekend. I'll post pics up on the project thread when I can. Just got back from a long day and drive to get to my bed...

Anyone self quarantined?

NYC hospitals about to be overrun with the sick...they are already at 90% capacity...and like Italy, they will begin having to decide who gets on the ventilator...

100% untrue statement. We are getting pounded in NYC by the “worried well”. People lying about their symptoms just to get tested.

8,500 positive tests. 150,000 beds available. No one is overwhelmed. The protective gear is slow getting here tho.

Last edited:
100% untrue statement. We are getting pounded in NYC by the “worried well”. People lying about their symptoms just to get tested.

Is that not taking up time and resources of the heavily taxed healthcare professionals in NYC?...are you saying everything is fine at the hospitals in NYC, when the mayor is saying they are on the verge of running out of critical protective equipment for hospital staff?...the number of confirmed cases in NYC is doubling every third day...and they don’t have nearly enough testing kits for those that meet the testing criteria...

Is that not taking up time and resources of the heavily taxed healthcare professionals in NYC?...are you saying everything is fine at the hospitals in NYC, when the mayor is saying they are on the verge of running out of critical protective equipment for hospital staff?...the number of confirmed cases in NYC is doubling every third day...and they don’t have nearly enough testing kits for those that meet the testing criteria...

Running out of protective equipment is far different from the hospital be at 90%.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Anyone self quarantined?

Also the mayor of nyc is doing what he does best, crying wolf and talking shit about the potus.

All this shit is just funny to sit back and watch.

Not to mention not everyone that tests positive needs a bed in a hospital.

That is true...but confirmed cases are only based on how many are being tested..and a percentage of them will be hospitalized...NYC is going to look like Italy in a short time...

You wouldn’t know theirs virus in SoCal. No fucks given at stores.

It was a bit easier in LA freeways today [emoji322]

That is true...but confirmed cases are only based on how many are being tested..and a percentage of them will be hospitalized...NYC is going to look like Italy in a short time...

I highly doubt that. The median age between the two is 10 years apart.

You wouldn’t know theirs virus in SoCal. No fucks given at stores.

It was a bit easier in LA freeways today [emoji322]

Bay Area. Same.

Fucking morons still out and about in droves . I love watching people in full garb (mask,gloves) walking around hyper socially distant and vocal of their concerns. yet not at the grocery store or pharmacy. No no no, grabbing a milk shake at sonic or a pastry at Panera.

This thread is turning into that shooting thread with all the people with “knowledge and know how” are just bitching about what everyone else is doing wrong but yet they are doing anything to help.

Just like the shooting thread, nothing on this forum will change what is happening.

Fear mongering at its finest. DeBlasio is a fucking retard who’s major accomplishment is building the wall around city hall 6 feet taller so no one can see him and his wife... and his kids smoke weed. I’m no fan of Cuomo, but he did a great job 2 days ago. I’d suggest you watch his speech.
I’m still working. With exception of TP, I can get all I need at the grocery store.
PPE is an issue. But that’s cuz we have China make it.
I like you brute. I’ve learned tons from you. But don’t back a guy who got 20,000 votes in a city of 9,000,000.
Pediatrician, general practicenor, special surgery, hell even the doc in a box urgent cares are empty.
Your statement is wrong.

I’d hate for us quit the discussion. Human nature always takes over I guess.

But so far this thread has been a good read. Stress inducing, levity, name calling and pointing fingers. We usually pay money for this type of entertainment.

Let’s let it ride and keep the discussion and memes rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom