Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been on WAL for a while. Been on a crazy journey over the last 8 months or so. But, I came back and this is one of the first threads I read and I realized how much I miss all you guys...it reminded me why I used to spend so much time in here. Good stuff.

Glad to see you back👍

How about this. Out of an estimated 9 million people in the Mumbai slums, an estimated 5 million infected, and something like 35,000 deaths, which is 0.038%

And that is in the slums with nearly no sanitary system.

https://youtu.be/YbIBPJ3OTeg

Seriously... take Texas for example. We just passed 10,000 deaths. We have a population of almost 30 million.
And I live around Houston where our County Judge is a friggin moron... so I get to watch all the bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I sincerely wish there were a time machine and we could go back to January and do absolutely nothing in regards to the virus just to see how it played out. Of course cases and deaths would be higher but I'll bet it wouldn't be much different than where we're at now. And of course people that recovered would be way healthier. And overall businesses and general morals would be better than it is right now.

I sincerely wish there were a time machine and we could go back to January and do absolutely nothing in regards to the virus just to see how it played out. Of course cases and deaths would be higher but I'll bet it wouldn't be much different than where we're at now. And of course people that recovered would be way healthier. And overall businesses and general morals would be better than it is right now.

100% agree. Wouldn’t have people losing jobs, wouldn’t have all the bs restrictions and National Parks partially closed.

AND I’d be looking to buy some Saints tickets HA... but I doubt I’ll get to go to any games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You mean like how we did back when china gave us H1N1? Oh, that's right, there wasn't a bad orange man in the White House with an election coming up and with the economy on fire. :naw:

Lol, I like this version of AOC much better. Her retarded ideas sound more fitting coming from the mouth of a child

Good job Cali. No more Uber or Lyft there as of Friday. Showed them didn't you? :thumb:

https://fee.org/articles/why-uber-and-lyft-are-about-to-shut-down-all-operations-in-california/
What all of these articles fail to mention is that the drivers did this to themselves. There was a real vocal group of drivers that felt being self-employed meant that Uber should pay them more, give them benefits, and that they shouldn't have to pay self-employment tax. You know... like every other fucking business. These asshats didn't realize that the "freedom" of being self-employed brought a lot of expenses and responsibility along with it.

They were protesting in the streets for more "fairness" when it was them that jumped at the chance to do the work on their own schedule with no boss to answer to. Then they had to buy gas. Then the CA lawyers figured out they could sue Uber when one of these little fuckers caused an accident because they don't know how to drive for shit in the first place... Personal auto insurance wouldn't cover their vehicle for business use so they had to buy a commercial policy. And on it goes.

I'm actually surprised it took this long for Uber and them to stop operations.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

What all of these articles fail to mention is that the drivers did this to themselves. There was a real vocal group of drivers that felt being self-employed meant that Uber should pay them more, give them benefits, and that they shouldn't have to pay self-employment tax. You know... like every other fucking business. These asshats didn't realize that the "freedom" of being self-employed brought a lot of expenses and responsibility along with it.

They were protesting in the streets for more "fairness" when it was them that jumped at the chance to do the work on their own schedule with no boss to answer to. Then they had to buy gas. Then the CA lawyers figured out they could sue Uber when one of these little fuckers caused an accident because they don't know how to drive for shit in the first place... Personal auto insurance wouldn't cover their vehicle for business use so they had to buy a commercial policy. And on it goes.

I'm actually surprised it took this long for Uber and them to stop operations.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

So the asshats have no clue what being an independent contractor means. The way the article read it was presented as the state did this on their own.
Sounds like both groups deserve each other.

As an independent contractor, I can totally see why Uber is planning to tell Kalifornia to fuck off. And from what I'm hearing, the majority of drivers would rather be contractors rather than employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom