Anyone running the Rancho Performance 2in sport kit?

RJV

Trying to decide on my lift for the spring. I came across this kit - wondering if anyone has run this kit or these shocks? Seems like most threads are on the 5000 or 9000 series shocks. Can't find too much real world feedback on the RS7MTs. I'd add the rancho control arms (lowers and uppers for front and rear) and the front and rear track bars.

I'm mostly between this kit and doing the Clayton 1.5" kit with fox 2.0 shocks. The Clayton kit seems to get good reviews, but would be $1000-$1500 more (that buys a lot of bourbon) and I'm a little concerned about the Fox shocks being too soft (but likewise have read several reviews of bilstein shocks being too firm).

Open to other ideas as well - I want a 1.5" to 2" lift kit that will ride nice and support a winch/bumpers/etc and looking to be around $2500 all in.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Minus the shocks, I've run this exact kit and thought it rode and performed great! That said, I have run the RS7MTs on my new 392 with the Rancho Crawler system and thought they rode great too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have it on my Jeep with the 9000 shocks. Rides great! My only problem is that the adjuster on the shock has rusted internally making it so I can’t make adjustments to the shocks. Rancho is making it difficult to warranty. Little frustrating honestly. 70630035188__25CF56EA-D839-4CD4-B7BA-4809BCF6F622.jpeg

RJV

Minus the shocks, I've run this exact kit and thought it rode and performed great! That said, I have run the RS7MTs on my new 392 with the Rancho Crawler system and thought they rode great too.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback! Great video, rewatched it today. I think I'm leaning this way. I'm just not sure what the Clayton/Fox combo will get me for the extra $$$.
I have it on my Jeep with the 9000 shocks. Rides great! My only problem is that the adjuster on the shock has rusted internally making it so I can’t make adjustments to the shocks. Rancho is making it difficult to warranty. Little frustrating honestly. View attachment 400063
That looks great! What size tires are you running? are those the rubicon fender flares? Mine will look like it skipped leg day at first (33s) but I will likely go to 34s/35s once this set wears out.

WJCO

Meme King
My only problem is that the adjuster on the shock has rusted internally making it so I can’t make adjustments to the shocks. Rancho is making it difficult to warranty. Little frustrating honestly.
Have you reached out to Matt here?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback! Great video, rewatched it today. I think I'm leaning this way. I'm just not sure what the Clayton/Fox combo will get me for the extra $$$.

That looks great! What size tires are you running? are those the rubicon fender flares? Mine will look like it skipped leg day at first (33s) but I will likely go to 34s/35s once this set wears out.
They are 37’s. I ran them with sport fenders then switched to the rubicon fenders.
Have you reached out to Matt here?
I have. He pointed me in the right direction as to where to call. They are just making it difficult to warranty. Just making me jump thru hoops

jeeeep

Hooked
They are 37’s. I ran them with sport fenders then switched to the rubicon fenders.

I have. He pointed me in the right direction as to where to call. They are just making it difficult to warranty. Just making me jump thru hoops
I was able to remove the adjuster, cleaned it up with WD 40 rust remover, wire brush andy build up and reassemble.

I used a little brake caliper silicon on the adjuster before reassembly.

Top Bottom