Anyone know anything about these wheels…??? Pro's/Con's??

TheDuff

I'm not a fan of the bolt heads being exposed like that. I do moderate trails and I can tell you If I had those, there would be a lot of damaged or sheared off bolt heads.
personally a fan of slabs and spyder locks. and find the B.A.D. beadlocks
Interesting (in a good way)
Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

1yellowjk

Are they solid? Top of the line? Sub par?

Depends on what you mean, DIY beadlocks are just what the name says. It would depend on the person, or shop who did the work. Some can be good others not so. I would imagine that unless you did the cutting and welding the cost would probably cost as much as a set of used "name brand" beadlocks.

That's just my :twocents:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Depends on what you mean, DIY beadlocks are just what the name says. It would depend on the person, or shop who did the work. Some can be good others not so. I would imagine that unless you did the cutting and welding the cost would probably cost as much as a set of used "name brand" beadlocks.

That's just my :twocents:

^^This^^ If you've ever watched Xtreme 4X4 or whatever it's called now, he built a set of DIY bead locks for the current budget minded Toyota project he's working on. He used the factory wheels and bought the DIY kit online. I'd say unless you already have a set of steel wheels laying around to cut up, I wouldn't do it for cost reasons. By the time you buy a set of wheels, the bead lock kit, and have someone weld them up for you, you may be able to find a set of used manufactured bead locks. I could be wrong, since I've only seen the price of ATX and other bead locks, not sure what the initial cost would be on the DIYs.

kimer82

also looks like champion beadlocks. which i have them on my 40" tires and seems to hold it so far.
i just dont like DIY kits unless you have extra wheels kickin around with lots of free time on your hands. paying for atx buy 4 get 1 free deal sounds much better to me.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the info guys!

You live in Los Angeles......OMF Perormance is in Riverside to the east....I believe the address is on the bottom of their page.

They don't make wheels.....they make the beadlocks rings that attach to the wheels...

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

EHogany

Has anyone priced out those OMF wheels?
Based on the comments, Do they take your existing wheels and add beadlocks, or they buy wheels wholesale and package them with beadlocks?

Top Bottom