Anyone have Edelbrock or Magnuson SC on their 3.6l auto jk? Is it worth it?

That sounds like good reasoning... till I notice how many people who have super chargers are now doing or already did a motor swap. From what I hear, they are not doing the swap solely due to the power difference. Apparently there is just a lot of headaches involved with these sc kits. So my thought process now is, why waste 4k? That's about 25% of the cost of a swap.

Yep. This right here. I dropped 5K in an SC. Drove it for 3 years and was never as satisfied with it as I thought I should be. Now I have a 6.0/6L80E and even with the cash in that, I'm completely satisfied. Drivability. Performance. Longevity. Dependability.

Yep. This right here. I dropped 5K in an SC. Drove it for 3 years and was never as satisfied with it as I thought I should be. Now I have a 6.0/6L80E and even with the cash in that, I'm completely satisfied. Drivability. Performance. Longevity. Dependability.

How much did you spend for your entire swap?

How much did you spend for your entire swap?

There are a few factors that can affect cost significantly such as New/used v8, the shop doing the install, atlas or stock TC, what do you do with your stock engine? Most of the swaps seem to cost in the high $20k's with everything.

There are a few factors that can affect cost significantly such as New/used v8, the shop doing the install, atlas or stock TC, what do you do with your stock engine? Most of the swaps seem to cost in the high $20k's with everything.

Right. Which is exactly why people use superchargers. Not everyone can afford to purchase a JK and toss away the 3.6.

Nothing wrong with supercharging. If you don't want one, don't buy one.

More power. More better.

Top Bottom