Anyone ever run a 300/300 spring combo on front of JK?

Hammmerhead

I have a slightly heavier engine with a 5.7…plenty of preload to accommodate 40” tires…although I’m running 38”s now until I run down the tread to go back to 40’s
Oh there's that added front weight.

I guess Im just gonna dive in and see what the 300 combo feels like. May not make that much difference either way. Im just sick of the heavy rake look or having to crank down to almost 4 inches of preload on the passenger side and 3.5 on drivers.

CalSgt

Hooked
Well it looks like Im running a 12" on top and bottom 250/300. Its hard on my old back getting this thing high enough in the air to get things fully extended, its been a while. Was just gonna try a recharge of the resi's, but was pulling it all apart and I galled or partially stripped a stud on a G2 spacer. I guess I had some salt creep over the past winters. Got the lug off, but now looks like Im buying a new set of spacers along with 300 coils. Are most of these spacers the same? Was gonna get a pair ordered quick off Amazon, but a little scared to buy a set of Rough Country or a similar looking spacer. They all look the same, but figuring they are not at all quality wise. Anyone know what brand to steer clear from? View attachment 396814
Just to clarify, when you say you’re running 4” of preload do you mean there’s 4” of threads showing on the shock body?

or, are you threading the nut down until it touches the spring then an additional 4”?

looking at this picture it doesn’t seem like an excessive amount of shock body above the nut.

Hammmerhead

Just to clarify, when you say you’re running 4” of preload do you mean there’s 4” of threads showing on the shock body?

or, are you threading the nut down until it touches the spring then an additional 4”?

looking at this picture it doesn’t seem like an excessive amount of shock body above the nut.
That much thread showing total when tightened down. That was when I was running 40's at almost 4 inches on the passenger side which is a tad more than the drivers. I have dropped down to a 38 tire and not as much preload. I recharged the shocks and added 3/4 " of pre load. Its close to being level now, but still not quite. Im still mulling over buying the 300 springs, but other things are taking the lead right now.

nevrnf

Hammerhead, Buy a set of Spidertrax. We have been running them for about 6 years. Had one do what you experienced and Spidetrax sells replacement studs for about $25 a spacer. Simply knock the old ones out and press the new ones in. Rust is life here in suburban Chicago.

Top Bottom