Anybody else hate the feel of "drive by wire"?

Bustedback

The throttle response and feel is much better in my old ZJ than my 2012 JKU. I hate the non linear feel of the JK throttle. Anyone know of a fix, or a way to make it feel better?

USMC Wrangler

If you have the hill start assist, I noticed when I disabled that the throttle was better. I'm running the 87 Performance setting from my Superchips Flashpaq and that's even better.

Zstairlessone

When you turn the key on don't start it - wait for all the goof lights to go away then depress the throttle slowly all the way to the floor and back. This will often recalibrate the full travel of the throttle and it will respond better (I turn it off after doing this but before starting, but that's me) Also for the old 3.8 a SprintBooster will fix the 'laggy' response, don't know if it works on the 3.6

Last edited:

bfschor

The SprintBooster works great on my 3.6 w/6-speed. I also run the Superchips Flashpaq on 93 octane. I tried the Flashpaq's throttle response programs and hated them....too jerky, so I leave it at the stock setting.
I hate/won't drive it without the SprintBooster. If I were to chose one, it would be the SprintBooster (for throttle response on a 6-speed). Though I've heard the guys with automatics love how the peddle responds to the Flashpaq throttle programming.

Spudcannons

The SprintBooster works great on my 3.6 w/6-speed. I also run the Superchips Flashpaq on 93 octane. I tried the Flashpaq's throttle response programs and hated them....too jerky, so I leave it at the stock setting.
I hate/won't drive it without the SprintBooster. If I were to chose one, it would be the SprintBooster (for throttle response on a 6-speed). Though I've heard the guys with automatics love how the peddle responds to the Flashpaq throttle programming.

Is there a noticeable difference with the 93?

bfschor

Is there a noticeable difference with the 93?

Well, the 91 octane setting is for a octane I can't hardly find. Here in north tx, it's either 87, 89, or 93. I don't wanna fill up with 89 to run the 91 setting, so I fill up with 93 and run the 93 setting. There's a noticeable diff between 87 and 93 to me.

TrueBlueEagle

When you turn the key on don't start it - wait for all the goof lights to go away then depress the throttle slowly all the way to the floor and back. This will often recalibrate the full travel of the throttle and it will respond better (I turn it off after doing this but before starting, but that's me) Also for the old 3.8 a SprintBooster will fix the 'laggy' response, don't know if it works on the 3.6

I've heard this and tried it, but didnt notice a difference. Granted, I have a manual. I know it's hard to describe, but how slow do you push it to the floor and back? Like roughly 5 seconds to get there and 5 seconds to release or what?

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I've heard this and tried it, but didnt notice a difference. Granted, I have a manual. I know it's hard to describe, but how slow do you push it to the floor and back? Like roughly 5 seconds to get there and 5 seconds to release or what?

I'm curious about this too. 13 3.6 w auto. I have a very noticeable lag twice soon after the first startup of the day. It didn't do it the firSt 10k miles, or so.

First dealer visit got the tranny program updated with a reply from the tech that it was very noticeable. I picked up about 1 mpg, yea. About 500 miles later it comes back. So next oil change i ask again. Different tech says it's normal and that I should let the tranny warm up before I take off. REALLY, sit there for 5 or 10 minutes. Hmm. I really blame it all on the "intelligent " programming.

relayer4u

I hate the feel of the drive by wire. On a related note; drive by wire on motorcycles can be pretty crappy too. Check out the Yamaha FZ-09 forums to see how much they hate it!

:beer:

Zstairlessone

I have the 6-speed too. I do it at about 2-3 seconds down and the same back up.

Bustedback

I gave it a try and the throttle did feel a little more responsive, but it might just be a psychological improvement.

Top Bottom