Any Mountain Bikers?

AlStew

I'm a Cat 1 XC and Super D/Enduro racer from the east coast. Picture #1 is me at the USAC National Championships this past year riding on my Trek Superfly F/S. My Superfly has a Project One custom paint job and a full XTR, Fox, and XXX build. My newest addition to the stable (as of last week) is my Trek Slash 9.9 with the brand new XTR 1x11 drivetrain and XTR Trail brakes, a Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir for the rear suspension, and the all new Fox 36 Talas. Being that the weather is trash here in NC, it is on display at the Trek store I work at due to it being such a rare and beautiful bike.
View attachment 127338 View attachment 127339 View attachment 127340

Those are some beautiful bikes and can only wish of riding a F/S that nice.

May you post a few close ups of your race Superfly?

Rockdude

Thought I had some better pics but can't find them. Anyone else out there riding a Maverick? Mine is still hanging up on the wall for the winter. Need to rebuild the front fork.

WP_20150227_08_47_37_Pro.jpg

Mtbhjm

Those are some beautiful bikes and can only wish of riding a F/S that nice.

May you post a few close ups of your race Superfly?

Thanks! You could probably find a used full-suspension for a good price somewhere. Go to some local bike shops and make friends there; the employees usually have a bike for sale at a really good price. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425052467.348301.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425052509.199965.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425052570.618098.jpg

TrailBear

My sons bike came in a few weeks ago and he's been busy adjusting to the bigger bike, and a real bike, this thing is sweet, has all the features of the big bikes, just kid sized. One thing that swayed me to go with the Rocky Mountain Vertex 20 was that it has a two speed rear hub. So that means no shifter for him to get used to or busy playing with, so it takes that guess work of what gear to be in out of it and lets him learn while having fun. Here's a few short videos of it in action, if you have kids that are wanting to get into the sport take a look at this bike.

https://vimeo.com/122869980

https://vimeo.com/124122876

Last edited:

Siebermd

I just switched over to a spare tire mounted bike rack. WOW what a difference. Having your bike on the rack and being able to open the tailgate is soooo convenient. I have a 2door so getting to the goods in the back is a must. Glad I did it, if you've thought about it, I totally recommend it.

Anyone else at the Sea Otter Classic?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429391482.290412.jpg . Pretty crowded. Being that I had my kid on my back and the asshole factor was in full effect I didn't stick around to much. Total bummer. Kids running into you, parents jamming a handle bar in your gut. People suck...

Top it off I took my wife's car and parked on the ice plant. Had to push myself out just to leave the parking lot. Hahaha

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Picked up a bike for my wife today. She's been wanting to get into some trail riding with me ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442203441.704893.jpg

Went for a 5 mile ride around the lake for her to start familiarizing herself with the gear shifts,brakes,etc.

Tee

I use to bike 3 days a week, Specialized Enduro pro Still have it but crashed and burned 3 years ago separating my shoulder and knocking me out ,haven't been on it since..lol that thing tried to kill me.

CamBam925

Santa Cruz Bronson C and a pic of me riding at Northstar last summer.

Attachments

• 1442279656527.jpg
    1442279656527.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 1442279667712.jpg
    1442279667712.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 127

Suprchrgd_rubi

I'm wanting to buy a new one 650b maybe specialized or pivot or norco, right now I'm riding a 07 specialized fsr expert, done 2 races in Folsom. I really like the specialized fsr carbon 650b

Mtb275

Used to ride a bunch. My screen name is a combination of mountain biking and the weight class I used to wrestle in college. I did a few races, I got to enter the Clydesdale class for down hill races. Been out of riding for years, but picked up a gently used Salsa. Love it so far. Wish I rode more. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442281892.695759.jpg

Oh, and my wife's trusty Trek7000

bkac

Caught the Bug
Living within riding distance of so many trails I just picked up a specialized enduro elite! Really enjoying the bike so far!

David1tontj

Living within riding distance of so many trails I just picked up a specialized enduro elite! Really enjoying the bike so far!

You're in the right place for a mountain bike!!

Nothing compared to bend, but Corvallis has quite a few trails as well.

I've posted it before, but heres my specialized status dh bike

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442301789.584752.jpg

Spudcannons

I do when I can, but unfortunately it's another hobby I need to find more people who are interested in it.

Edit: I have a Santa Cruz Nomad from the last year they made them with 26s :clap2:

Top Bottom