Any Mountain Bikers?

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I keep seeing adds for that...looks like you could actually ride downhill on that puppy. Every other E Bike looks like it weighs 250 pounds and you would crash and die if you tried to air jumps on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Yeah I just found it interesting they are actually having one built, maybe a good match for the Electric Jeep that may come out. But not for a price tag over $5000 though. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Midnsped

Yeah, I have been happy with my Cannondale. My son is riding my circa 99 Cannondale from college that I fixed up for him. Talk about design improvements over the last 20 years.

That course looks epic. My wife and I hope to move back West in a few years. We have been East Coaster for the majority of our life but our time living in AZ and CA had a big impact on us.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I have been happy with my Cannondale. My son is riding my circa 99 Cannondale from college that I fixed up for him. Talk about design improvements over the last 20 years.

That course looks epic. My wife and I hope to move back West in a few years. We have been East Coaster for the majority of our life but our time living in AZ and CA had a big impact on us.

Nice. Love the old y frames. I posted my 98 specialized in another thread. Geometry has come a long way but they are still fun to ride

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool. Yea if you’re ever out in CO, I’d be happy to show you some good spots!

Nice. Love the old y frames. I posted my 98 specialized in another thread. Geometry has come a long way but they are still fun to ride

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea I had an old cannondale with that frame until it was stolen. It has a cool retro feel but I could never ride it again after riding newer setups...

sm31

Does anyone have a new Santa Cruz Hightower? If you were to do it again, would you?

Those are really nice! If I were hitting trails & maybe an occasional race then that would be my top choice. Way better than the Specialized Stumpjumper, IMO. Something about the Stumpjumper geometry made the head angle feel extremely slack to me. Like the front wheel wanted to flop over like an old 5 speed chopper bike... even though it measures out the same as the Hightower (I ride a sz medium).

A Hightower would make the enduro & "A line" downhill sections faster & more enjoyable than my Blur but I've never ridden another mountain bike that climbs as well... lose 20 seconds on the downhills & make up 40 on the climbs. Lol... but the fun factor isn't the same as with the Hightower.

I was also thinking about a Blur TR with an extra 20mm of travel over the Blur XC but there are 2 main reasons I the XC (100mm travel):

1) This bike is for racing & training to race... because I ride mountain bikes exclusively to race and/or train. I know it's weird but it's my passion...
2) My background is road racing & I've got 1000x more hours worth of seat time on a road bike than a mountain bike. As such, I prefer the bars set up pretty low relative to the seat height, and the extra 20mm on a Blur TR puts the front end higher than I like.

sm31

Finally got around to swapping on the ice spiker tires and giving the new Santa Cruz a shakedown. Haven't even thrown a bottle cage on it yet. The trails are too deep right now but I headed up a local 1100 ft climb to see how the bike would do on the decent... and it didn't disappoint. The bike just makes you feel like you want to haul ass all the time. Edit: Probably remove one headset spacer & call it done.

Attachments

• 20220130_131517.jpg
    20220130_131517.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220130_131745.jpg
    20220130_131745.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom