ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just heard back from the dealer. Due to the thickness of the Gorilla Glass it is not compatible if you have adaptive cruise and crash detection/avoidance sensors.
Bummer
I don’t have either of those options. Hmm. May have to give it a try. How much is the non-gorilla glass factory replacement?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We had glass coverage then they dropped us because we had five claims in one year (two were on my wife’s Lexus and the windshields were something like $1,500 each).

Jkratt

Just replaced my first one. Somebody hit the windshield with a pellet gun. Hate People. Normally I would shoot back.

DaJudge

I know the Cherokee isn't as bad as the Wranglers but I am on #3. The one in it now lasted two months before it got cracked. I'm still pissed off so I have been driving with with two cracks coming up from the bottom center for about two years.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So far, mine hasn’t grown. I drive up to Idaho on Thursday and don’t want to replace before the drive. I might just get it fixed/filled up there and see how long it lasts. $150 is better than $500+.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So far, mine hasn’t grown. I drive up to Idaho on Thursday and don’t want to replace before the drive. I might just get it fixed/filled up there and see how long it lasts. $150 is better than $500+.
You can buy a kit and do it yourself for like $10. I did that on one and it worked fine until I took another hit.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You can buy a kit and do it yourself for like $10. I did that on one and it worked fine until I took another hit.
I looked at that. The dude at Autozone said they don’t stop future cracking very well because there is no vacuum/pressure to get the air out of the crack and force the epoxy in (like they do at a glass shop).

Top Bottom