Another Trutrac question.

Grubbicon

Personally I think if your going to do that work you should just do lockers. Most likely if you dont you will end up hating yourself at some point.

Also if your in a place where you dont need lockers then odds are your d30 is just find and no need to go bigger.

Jk909

Can you define "blow it out"?

Edit: Is it possible you got a bad one? I've been reading about TT for about two years and have never heard of a failure. Curious to hear what happened.

To be honest I don't really know what went wrong but both of mine that failed literally blew up everything inside of the differential. On both occasions I had to pull the rear drive shaft and drive home powered by the front only. The second time it even put a hole in the diff cover.

Just so you know neither of them had been worked on by outside mechanics. They were fresh from the factory.

Jeepfan30

To be honest I don't really know what went wrong but both of mine that failed literally blew up everything inside of the differential. On both occasions I had to pull the rear drive shaft and drive home powered by the front only. The second time it even put a hole in the diff cover.

Just so you know neither of them had been worked on by outside mechanics. They were fresh from the factory.

Wow! A hole in the diff cover? Does that mean the worm gears broke and came out of the carrier? Any ring damage to the R&P? What size tires were you running?

Kalums

Touche'...... *whines* But.... But... I want my PR44, that I will more than likely never even get close to using to its fullest potential... :cheesy: so I guess just wait till my 30 goes kaput and see if it's a even worth the investment at that point (who knows I might get 100k+ out of it) and until then I guess I have an "O. S. I broke it fund" for whatever I kill (honestly I think it will be the transfer case first) gosh dang it I hate it when you guys make me think in a logical manner. 👍😆

Grubbicon

Touche'...... *whines* But.... But... I want my PR44, that I will more than likely never even get close to using to its fullest potential... :cheesy: so I guess just wait till my 30 goes kaput and see if it's a even worth the investment at that point (who knows I might get 100k+ out of it) and until then I guess I have an "O. S. I broke it fund" for whatever I kill (honestly I think it will be the transfer case first) gosh dang it I hate it when you guys make me think in a logical manner. [emoji106][emoji38]

If your tcase blows up before your 30 does then you have a d30 that is invisible and should never be changed lol.

Top Bottom