american cars and other stuff

Hi

I´ve always liked american cars a lot and think that all the way from the 40´s up to middle, late 70´s. I prefer the mussclecars from the 60´s but to be honest I think there are so many cool and nice cars from us it is hard to count. Sure, sometimes in the middle of the 70´s things started to change and to be honest I guess it was not for the better. Anyway, some cars like cadillac still was a real american car way up in the decades but after the 70´s a lot of american cars started to lose the american way.

What i have a hard time to understand is why the Americans started to abandon their domestic cars and bought japanese and europe shit cars.

I´m a swede and sweden is part of the very northern europe so my whole life I´ve been exposed to those shity european and japanese shitboxes. Mercedes for example must be the worst rustbucket in the history and japanese cars must be the most boring and ugly and souless cars ever buildt. German cars for example, can it be more boring and the way they look inside, so stiff and i guess typical german. always black and no fancy stuff.

Well, I could go on for ever but I guess that it will never be the same again. Now I feel like I´ve to go out and find an old cadilac from the late 60´s or something like that.

When I think about cars like this I get goose skin.

Dodge charger 1968-1970
Dodge challenger 1970 ( vanishing point what a movie!)
Camaros first generation
mustangs 1965 to 1969 ( mustang II, what happend?:icon_crazy:)
pontiac gto 1960´s

The list can be very long, and still you guys bought the crap made in japan and europe? I do not understand you.

Here in my country nothing have ever been looking good. Volvo looks like shit and to be honest drove like shit back in the days. Saab looked even worse. Hell, even kitchen stuff like a kitchen aid looks good in the states but looks like shit in europe. Take a look at a coffe grinder or something like that, or a vendor machine.

Slot machines like jennings, mills and watling lookes so good, even a electro mechanical bally looked good. Take a look at a japanese or european slotmachine and you will puke!

Well, now my rant is over.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi

I´ve always liked american cars a lot and think that all the way from the 40´s up to middle, late 70´s. I prefer the mussclecars from the 60´s but to be honest I think there are so many cool and nice cars from us it is hard to count. Sure, sometimes in the middle of the 70´s things started to change and to be honest I guess it was not for the better. Anyway, some cars like cadillac still was a real american car way up in the decades but after the 70´s a lot of american cars started to lose the american way.

What i have a hard time to understand is why the Americans started to abandon their domestic cars and bought japanese and europe shit cars.

I´m a swede and sweden is part of the very northern europe so my whole life I´ve been exposed to those shity european and japanese shitboxes. Mercedes for example must be the worst rustbucket in the history and japanese cars must be the most boring and ugly and souless cars ever buildt. German cars for example, can it be more boring and the way they look inside, so stiff and i guess typical german. always black and no fancy stuff.

Well, I could go on for ever but I guess that it will never be the same again. Now I feel like I´ve to go out and find an old cadilac from the late 60´s or something like that.

Dodge charger 1968-1970
Camaros first generation
pontiac gto 1960´s

The list can be very long, and still you guys bought the crap made in japan and europe? I do not understand you.

Here in my country nothing have ever been looking good. Volvo looks like shit and to be honest drove like shit back in the days. Saab looked even worse. Hell, even kitchen stuff like a kitchen aid looks good in the states but looks like shit in europe. Take a look at a coffe grinder or something like that, or a vendor machine.

Slot machines like jennings, mills and watling lookes so good, even a electro mechanical bally looked good. Take a look at a japanese or european slotmachine and you will puke!

American cars were kind of shitty in the 70’s and 80’s. The Japanese cars would out last them. Having said that, I have almost exclusively bought American made vehicles in my 31 years of owning vehicles. Except for a Nissan Maxima, a Nissan Titan, an Infinity G35, and a Toyota Camry, the rest have been Chevrolet, GMC, Ram, and Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hi

Dodge charger 1968-1970
Camaros first generation
pontiac gto 1960´s

I really wish American culture including our government had the values that the previous generations had about quality. Like you said, the old stuff was rock solid. I work in automotive and truthfully a lot of American-made stuff isn't what it used to be. Some of that is due to government requiring stricter emissions and MPG standards where parts aren't allowed to be made as strong/heavy as they used to. And a lot of it is built cheaper to be competitive and increase profit margins.

Top Bottom