Am I being too sensitive?

kevinp

I know I can count on you guys to shoot straight, so I have a question. A couple of times on the island, I have had guys in well-built Jeeps overtly blow me off. The latest example: I was on an exit, saw a well built Jeep a couple hundred meters behind me. He quickly made his way through the traffic and was beside me at the light. Our Jeeps were the same color, he just had a 4d. He looked at me, I threw my hand up, and he slowly and deliberately looked away. My thought was "what an Asshat." Am I being too sensitive? I guess what made it stick was he had a Project JK sticker on the side.

Thanks for the input.
Kevin

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

Just sounds like an asshat. Ignore them.

Sent from my Apple personal messaging system using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK-JOHN-E

Nope... If he caught up to you and looked over at you, you waved and he turned without any response, yeah...definitely an ASSHAT

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
prob just the dude being a tool. i have been blown off a few times since i put my wayalike banner up. mostly by people that have JKO (JK owners) cowl decals and the like on their jeep. the one guy in DE flipped me off. its just people from other forums that dont like it here or who have been banned mostly.

beans

I know I can count on you guys to shoot straight, so I have a question. A couple of times on the island, I have had guys in well-built Jeeps overtly blow me off. The latest example: I was on an exit, saw a well built Jeep a couple hundred meters behind me. He quickly made his way through the traffic and was beside me at the light. Our Jeeps were the same color, he just had a 4d. He looked at me, I threw my hand up, and he slowly and deliberately looked away. My thought was "what an Asshat." Am I being too sensitive? I guess what made it stick was he had a Project JK sticker on the side.

Thanks for the input.
Kevin

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well...imho the jeep wave is serious business :hmm::hmm: I always get a bit wierded out when people don't wave back, but usually I've found it's younger women :idontknow: Perhaps he doesn't know what the wave is? Maybe he broke his arm and is driving one handed and didn't want to release the steering wheel?

biggy

I had a couple young guys in a modded tj say FU to me when I waved at a stop light. I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

I had a couple young guys in a modded tj say FU to me when I waved at a stop light. I don't get it.

Some of the people that are in the non-JKs think the JK guys are Posers/Jeeper wannabees. I had a guy at my company give me a little shite about driving a JK, vrs an older model. He considers himself a purist. However I pointed out that unless he's driving a pre '85, CJ, then even he is not a Purist...

He kinda giggled, and stopped given me shite, and now we talk all the time.

jdulmer

I know a lot of fellow CJers that won't return a Jeep Wave to you "Dodge" JK guys... Lol Just teasing... I am not one of those guys... The more the merrier...

"Libertatem Aut Mortem"

davantalus

I decided a while back not to permanently attach branding to my Jeep. I've also never been able to commit to a tattoo, so read into that what you will.

I magnet-ized most of the stickers I run, I slap them on when necessary. Offroad club stickers, mine exploring guys, caver sticker, canyoneering forum sticker, they're all magnets now. I pick and choose as necessary.

As far as part manufacturers, they're not paying me and it's pretty obvious what parts I (will?) run if you have a keen eye and/or care.

If your Jeep looks vaguely built, then I'll assume you participate in a forum (if not many!). Conversely, I find no real need to pin myself in someones camp. To me, running a wol banner is less meaningful than active participation and posting. I'd rather run into someone who's contributed to the forum but doesn't have stickers, than someone who runs a big wol banner with 8 posts in "For Sale".

All that said, Eddie stipulation about running the wol banner on the massive Rubicon run makes good solid sense, since, if nothing else it makes the footage look great. If I were in the market for a MONSTER run through the Rubicon, I'd probably make an exception and add the banner.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I decided a while back not to permanently attach branding to my Jeep. I've also never been able to commit to a tattoo, so read into that what you will.

I magnet-ized most of the stickers I run, I slap them on when necessary. Offroad club stickers, mine exploring guys, caver sticker, canyoneering forum sticker, they're all magnets now. I pick and choose as necessary.

As far as part manufacturers, they're not paying me and it's pretty obvious what parts I (will?) run if you have a keen eye and/or care.

If your Jeep looks vaguely built, then I'll assume you participate in a forum (if not many!). Conversely, I find no real need to pin myself in someones camp. To me, running a wol banner is less meaningful than active participation and posting. I'd rather run into someone who's contributed to the forum but doesn't have stickers, than someone who runs a big wol banner with 8 posts in "For Sale".

All that said, Eddie stipulation about running the wol banner on the massive Rubicon run makes good solid sense, since, if nothing else it makes the footage look great. If I were in the market for a MONSTER run through the Rubicon, I'd probably make an exception and add the banner.

So you're saying your loyalty wavers so much that you slap magnetized stickers on as your mood changes?

I'm not judging just making an observation, although I am heavily tattooed and tend to think I am a pretty loyal guy.

Personally I don't think having a Wayalife banner or not shows loyalty. But there is an expectation that you represent the forum community as you are publicly declaring such by displaying one. Sort of how groups of people (Christians, cops, lawyers, etc) are judged as a whole by others sometimes, by the actions of a few.

Armydog

I wave to every other jeep, everyone one from soccer moms in the stocker JKU to the Jeepers in a CJ8 scrambler. I even wave to well built broncos and early land cruisers and defenders. I wave obviously and with obnoxious enthusiasm. When some ass doesn't wave back, fuck them... I am the better man. I wave cause that's what you do!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

JKFlyer

I always wave but jeeps...esp jku ( even though. Have one) tend to be too much out there...not true jeepers....stock guys usually don't wave

Op ...that guy was a true asshat though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

So you're saying your loyalty wavers so much that you slap magnetized stickers on as your mood changes?

I'm not judging just making an observation, although I am heavily tattooed and tend to think I am a pretty loyal guy.

Personally I don't think having a Wayalife banner or not shows loyalty. But there is an expectation that you represent the forum community as you are publicly declaring such by displaying one. Sort of how groups of people (Christians, cops, lawyers, etc) are judged as a whole by others sometimes, by the actions of a few.

A WAL tattoo would be true dedication!! Would love to see that one day. Supposedly if you work for Nike in the day, u were required to get a swoosh tattoo

10frank9

Web Wheeler
A WAL tattoo would be true dedication!! Would love to see that one day. Supposedly if you work for Nike in the day, u were required to get a swoosh tattoo

Don't want to mention names but a certain member (McPuck) has a Project-JK AND Wayalife tattoos....

Panda

Magnetized stickers really? Do you change the pictures in your house depending on which family member or girlfriend is coming over?

Top Bottom