Always Be Prepared

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Tragic and a totally unnecessary loss of life. Never a good idea to wheel in the snow alone and especially without letting anyone know where you were going. Very sad.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Tragic and a totally unnecessary loss of life. Never a good idea to wheel in the snow alone and especially without letting anyone know where you were going. Very sad.

i was nervous enough when our group of 10 JK's went wheeling in the snow. I cant imagine even thinking about wheeling like this alone

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sad story indeed. But was anyone else wondering why she had a bunch of tomatoes? WTF?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
That is sad :yup: at least she had sense to take the tomatoes and the blanket with her! It's unfortunate about here boyfriend!

familytime2

Read this story the other day at work,sad but true.Every year we read stories over and over about folks pushing their luck.Again,never off road alone

familytime2

Sad story indeed. But was anyone else wondering why she had a bunch of tomatoes? WTF?
In the story,they were coming from their parents home and returning home.Just maybe they got the tomatoes from their garden???What ever the case,she lived through it.I suppose for a guy,it should have a bunch of beer instead.Just my thought

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah said she got tomatoes from a relatives house. I would have died since I hate tomatoes. (Not to make a joke out of the situation but yeah lol)

GetOut

I commute about 70 miles to work, in the winter time up here in Michigan things can get interesting to say the least. Being the well prepared Marine Veteran I am, I stock my vehicle with blankets, tents, shovels, first aid kits, and even a few days worth of food during the winter. When I know there is a bad storm approaching I drive the jeep rather than the commuter car and make sure to never go below half a tank of gas should I run off into a ditch and have to leave the car running all night to stay warm.

But yes this is a sad story, worse in the fact that it was totally avoidable.

TrailBear

Very sad, living where cell phones don't work outside town I bought a spot device. Use's satellite to send an SOS to search and rescue, or messages to selected people, everyone should have one.

EasyE

I've been wheeling plenty alone. If I waited around to Only go with others about 80 percent of my off road experience would not exist. I'll admit there is risk involved but there are ways to minimize it. I feel that you're missing out if you never venture out alone..

This article is a very sad event. I'm sorry for those involved..

Top Bottom