AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

I got the Cobra 75 hooked up this weekend. I love the fact that just the hand mike shows and gives a very 'clean' appearance. Mounted the CB under the glove box and hooked the hand mike up to a Cooltec mount.

View attachment 129659
View attachment 129660

CoolTec mount

View attachment 129661
View attachment 129662

I mounted the external speaker on the Daystar lower dash mount, right where the switches are supposed to mount.

View attachment 129663

Any possibility that you could do an install write-up including the wiring and mounting hardware for this CB?

Bosox5

cool build man, liking where you going with it. your thread turned me onto the FMF front bumper, really like it as I am doing an overthaul on my jeep to change things up a bit. Saw that your moving here to hawaii, recon is a pain in the ass but it really isnt too bad anymore. let me know if you have any questions about it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just read your review, man. Really well done. Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks JKWrang, I appreciate it!

cool build man, liking where you going with it. your thread turned me onto the FMF front bumper, really like it as I am doing an overthaul on my jeep to change things up a bit. Saw that your moving here to hawaii, recon is a pain in the ass but it really isnt too bad anymore. let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks, it's coming along! The FMF bumper has been great, no regrets there whatsoever. I'll be moving to Hawaii around June 1st of next year. I can't wait, I think it will be a great time and a new adventure for sure. I will admit, I'm a bit worried about the recon, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the gig me on. The plan right now is EVO removable mud flaps and I'm thinking about the new Mopar hi-line fenders (hopefully they offer a tiny bit more coverage). I think I should be good to pass inspection with those 2 things. If you have any advice, I'm certainly open to it! Hopefully I'll see you there!

5280Sapper

Also, installed the BedTred today. I really like the way it looks, and the fit and finish is great. I still wanted to use my Mopar slush mats, so I modified it so that I can still use them. Pretty easy really. I removed the slush mat clips from the factory carpet with a screwdriver, threw the slush mats on over the BedTred in the position I wanted them and then marked where the holes needed to go. I then yanked the BedTred back out, drilled some holes and installed the factory mat clips. Worked great, and the fit perfectly over the BedTred.

View attachment 124224

Got a few of those patches.. when and who were you with in 4ID?

5280Sapper

In 01 as a 12B I went to 299 ENG. and being in the Sapper platoon I spent a lot with you 1-22 fellas.. Went to your EIB course too.. Then at Carson in 06 I was with 2-8 INF then 10th GRP and retired .

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
In 01 as a 12B I went to 299 ENG. and being in the Sapper platoon I spent a lot with you 1-22 fellas.. Went to your EIB course too.. Then at Carson in 06 I was with 2-8 INF then 10th GRP and retired .

Nice! 10th Group compound carries some good memories for me. I had a 5 year break in service where I was a cop in Arizona. I just came back in at the beginning of 09' and playing catch up with my peers. I'll be hitting the 15 year mark in a few months, so I still have a ways to go before I can retire! I'm currently a Rappel instructor at Ft Jackson but I'll be moving to Pearl Harbor here in a few months. Looking forward to the change of scenery! Anyways, Thank you for your service!

5280Sapper

Thanks to you as well! I was retired after 11 years.. Last time I was wounded took a round to the chest.. That got me done for almost good.. Hey maybe when we go to Hawaii for vacation in the next few years I'll hit ya up and we can romp around in your jeep..

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks to you as well! I was retired after 11 years.. Last time I was wounded took a round to the chest.. That got me done for almost good.. Hey maybe when we go to Hawaii for vacation in the next few years I'll hit ya up and we can romp around in your jeep..

Man, that's crazy. Glad you made it through well though! If you come out to Hawaii, let me know. It would be my pleasure!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Where did you get the jump seat for your jeep and what did it cost you?

The jump seat is from littlepassangerseats. Since they custom make each one to your specs, pricing will vary. You can build them out on their website though. I got the single seat with cloth and stitching that matches my 2014 factory seats. I'm real OCD about things matching and looking as factory as possible. Funny thing is, I just ordered the Italian Verona leather SuperSport Seat skins from Star Fabricating, so now it won't be matching again. [emoji15]

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Really late to this build, but it looks good. I really like that FMF bumper and your paint job on it looks great!

Thanks! All I used was Rustoleum self etching primer and Rustoleum satin black spray paint. Sprayed it with one of those detachable triggers that attach right to the spray can. I was surprised and very pleased with the results!

Top Bottom