All things Colorado

JeepFan

Hooked
Very unusual behavior for black bears. Not sure what's going on this year, but while living in Colorado for about 20 years, I have never seen a bear until this year, and I've seen 3. My parents live just outside of Boulder and have had 2 on their deck this week. This dude almost lost his life. Crazy shit.

http://www.timescall.com/top-stories/ci_31126755/bear-attacks-19-year-old-at-glacier-view

View attachment 267320
Holy moly! That must've been one hell of a scary experience! Crazy shit for sure...

Napalm

I need some help Colorado peeps.

My wife and I are considering taking a short winter vacation up to Colorado just to get away for 3 days and see some snow. We are trying to decide where to stay and what to do. This would be a short fly up trip on a Thursday and then fly back on a Sunday.

Thoughts? We are looking at a few hotels in downtown Denver. Are there a lot of things to do in Denver? Should we stay there or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance! :)

GraniteCrystal

My wife and I are considering taking a short winter vacation up to Colorado just to get away for 3 days and see some snow. We are trying to decide where to stay and what to do. This would be a short fly up trip on a Thursday and then fly back on a Sunday.

Thoughts? We are looking at a few hotels in downtown Denver. Are there a lot of things to do in Denver? Should we stay there or somewhere else?

Stay somewhere else. Good chance there won't even be snow in Denver. Pick a mountain town (Buena Vista, Crested Butte, Winter Park, Breckenridge, etc)

Kyle7R

Fort Collins has vacancy. [emoji6]

For you guys, Denver might be cool to visit for a day or evening. But to get the true outdoors and winter feel, you're gonna want to venture further out.

Napalm

Stay somewhere else. Good chance there won't even be snow in Denver. Pick a mountain town (Buena Vista, Crested Butte, Winter Park, Breckenridge, etc)

Fort Collins has vacancy. [emoji6]

For you guys, Denver might be cool to visit for a day or evening. But to get the true outdoors and winter feel, you're gonna want to venture further out.

You should actually go into summit county where all the ski resorts are.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Estes Park.

Thanks for the input guys. After taking it all into consideration I think we are gonna hold off on the trip until next summer when we will do a full 7 day stay with the Jeep. :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom