Aftermarket Soft Tops... Let's see 'em!

hawgincognito

Looking at several options for the summer here in Arkansauce so I'm soliciting pictures of Trek-tops, bikini-tops and the like. Also add the pros and cons if you don't mind.

Thanks!
Chase

I had the smittybilt bikini top this past summer and didnt like it at all lol it would flap like crazy and looked like it would hit a rear passenger...
1360209382228.jpg
Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

My trekop nx awesome top!

Pros: good looking😎, not too noisy (at least for me), easy to take off and put on, tough.

Cons: PITA to install the first time (even when hot), the bar in the back sucks it don't seal it as tight as a stock mopar bar will do it will leak if you spray water near it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360209146.278558.jpg

Overall good top and don't plan on changeling it out anytime soon. 👍👍

Also have a spiderweb shade bikini top love that as well no flapping and let's in the perfect amount of wind. :yup:

Ray ⛺

Last edited:
Stay away from soft top, I never use it and never will. For one thing is make noise while driving on highway, does not last long, and it not thief proof. I LIKE MY HARD TOP and summer time use take the top off..

I've got a hard top by choose...but plan in the near future to get something like the Trektops. I like the fast back look, it would be nice to drop or pop up the top quickly weather permitting.

I've got a trektop (not the nx so the side windows don't come out). I love how it looks and it works for my purposes. Not too noisy and I can take it off all the way, roll it up and stash it in a few minutes by myself.

sent from my talkitty box

Attachments

• 1360221104187.jpg
    1360221104187.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 190
Stay away from soft top, I never use it and never will. For one thing is make noise while driving on highway, does not last long, and it not thief proof. I LIKE MY HARD TOP and summer time use take the top off..

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!

lol of course plastic and fabric is easier to break into than a hardtop! I loved the hardtop on my last Jeep and ordered it again but it's a PITA to take off and on for nice days!

I now run the Rampage Frameless Top, it is easy to take off and store or remove the windows and store them in a pocket in the top.

All buttoned up
P1040242.jpg

P1040745-1.jpg

Here with all the windows out
SBS 1.jpg

When I run harder trails and don't want to trash the Rampage top I use a Bestop Safari top. If I rip it, it's only $100 not $400 and easier to patch.
P1030063_zps3f89f437.jpg

Does it rain much where you are?

Personally nothing beats having a softtop so you can throw it up real quick for a 10 minute summer rain and then remove it for the next few days.

The soft top is not as loud as people make it out to be, and if you take it off its going to be even louder so if you have problems with the noise I would go with a hard top and never take it off.

Hardtops are no more secure than softops - cut/slice or smash, it can happen. Don't leave anything in plain view. I've run softop only for 5 years.

Offroad Heros original fastback top. Minimal wind noise; super simple to work with.
20121210_150350.jpg

2012-09-24_07-45-19_605_zps567ca67f.jpg

Personally nothing beats having a softtop so you can throw it up real quick for a 10 minute summer rain and then remove it for the next few days.

The soft top is not as loud as people make it out to be, and if you take it off its going to be even louder so if you have problems with the noise I would go with a hard top and never take it off.

Its not loud unless you have a oem 07-08 (i think) soft top like i do with the crappy plastic header road noise is ridiculous!!

Not necessarily much rain. It just occurs at a moments notice and I work 25-30 minutes from home. I would go bikini or just run the freedom panels on if I wasn't worried about water damage from rain.

I, too, am looking for the very best soft top out there. I have been reading reviews and searching high and low. Any suggestions or opinions on which is the very best soft top???

My hard top is hanging in the garage and will probably never be placed on my Jeep again. I go to too many places where I need to leave the top and doors in hotel rooms and garages.

I, too, am looking for the very best soft top out there. I have been reading reviews and searching high and low. Any suggestions or opinions on which is the very best soft top???
Heros top, for fastback. Regular softop, stick with stocker - 2010 or newer.

I now run the Rampage Frameless Top, it is easy to take off and store or remove the windows and store them in a pocket in the top.

All buttoned up
P1040242.jpg

P1040745-1.jpg

Here with all the windows out
View attachment 15118

When I run harder trails and don't want to trash the Rampage top I use a Bestop Safari top. If I rip it, it's only $100 not $400 and easier to patch.
P1030063_zps3f89f437.jpg

Those are some nice Ori struts. How do you like them? Any pros and cons you can pass on.

Top Bottom