Aftermarket seats

Jimmypaget

Has anyone replaced their seats with aftermarket ones? Either PRP or mastercraft with a bench in the rear? I’m trying to find a way to put an aftermarket bench in the rear and also somehow put a kids booster seat on the bench. Planning on running harness bars and harnesses.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I originally wanted to get a PRP bench for the rear, but was urged to go with the same seats as the fronts.

I was told not to bother with the bench because I wanted more room to fit adults in the back comfortable enough for long days on the trail. That would require a bench seat narrow enough to fit in-between the rear wheel wells and roll cage. And I felt it more comfortable for passengers to have two separate seats, over a bench. If you need to fit three back there, you may be better off just keeping what you've got, because the aftermarket bench seats I've seen, on PRP brackets actually give you less room than the factory seats. The shop I go to fabricated mounts that gave me maximum leg and head room.

Absolutely love how it turned out and only wish I'd have done seats years earlier. I did not get the recline seats because the cage has horizontal bars behind all the seats for the harnesses. All seats also have heat.
26DD1AFA-A190-4C10-8083-FE2D3E570399.jpeg
EC2F2FA2-6389-4DAC-B871-4D974BD3EE82.jpeg

Jimmypaget

Well the other reason for the bench is for my husky/malamute mix. He’s a big dog and probably would be more comfortable on a bench.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Tony, what did you do to get the airbag lights and seatbelt chimes and all that electrical stuff to be bypassed?
The constant chime is turned off, but I haven't addressed the airbag and seatbelt lights yet. Maybe I'll get to it at some point this year, but it's low on my priority list.

A google search for turning the "wrangler seatbelt chime off" will pull up the procedure.

Top Bottom