Aftermarket Seats??

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Will.......I don't know if you saw the Black JKU with the Strike Force Zebra half doors on vendors row (Jeep Beach).....he had 4 Corbeau Baja XRS seats in it with full RockHard sport cage with front and rear harness bars installed as well as full 5 point harness setups for each seat.......I talk with the owner and the guy who did the install and they said the install was pretty straight forward......the seats felt very comfortable and could recline all the way if not for the harness bars......he said they offer wider seats for the fat body people (no offense:D) so that option is available.......unfortunately my phone battery was spent and I wasn't able to get any pictures (pissed)..... However I did get his card and the installers card and they are local to the Daytona area (Holly Hill).........They looked and felt awesome.........it's either these or MasterCrafts seats for me

~Woodrow~

while the corbeaus look very similar and just as good, I have read lots of bad reviews about the reclining ones breaking and all of a sudden just reclining all the way back or something like that. Im sure the fixed backs are fine tho.

TheLloyd

The suspension seats from MasterCraft are supper comfy. My stock seat feels like its raping me at times and I didn't even get a reach around. I am also looking at changing out to the MasterCraft seat.

sean.m.adams33

IMG_1578.jpg

Mastercraft baja RS here. Way more comfortable than the 2012 seats I had. I have sat in the seats in the 2013 and they are a big improvement from my 12's. But I still enjoy the mastercrafts. Great quality.

Christarp

I heard they redesigned the seats in the 2013+ Apparently they're based off the ones in the GC? You could maybe look into those, I don't have experience with them but I think that may be something I want to look into because after an hour or 2 in my 2007 seats my lower back gets real sore.

Edit:
Mastercraft baja RS here. Way more comfortable than the 2012 seats I had. I have sat in the seats in the 2013 and they are a big improvement from my 12's. But I still enjoy the mastercrafts. Great quality.

So I'm not crazy!

StrizzyChris

So I'm not crazy!

Nope, you're not crazy! The 12's are better than the 07-11, but they redesigned the 13+ even better. I hated my 07 JKU seats but really like my '13's. All that being said, it's still no Cadillac seat. My back was toast after driving from Ohio to California in the Jeep but made that trek many times in my Acura I felt fine.

crowrb29

Drove from SoCal to Michigan in my 13 and was pretty cozy. A lot better than the seats in my wife's yota, those things hurt my ass on a 60 mile trip.

BDP849

Right after I purchased my 2012 my wife and I spent 2 days in Moab running trails, she bruised her tailbone in the factory seats.

I purchased the MasterCraft RS and have been back to Moab 3-4 times and she has not complained one time, that's what I call a successful mod.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399175890.122502.jpg

noroad

Right after I purchased my 2012 my wife and I spent 2 days in Moab running trails, she bruised her tailbone in the factory seats.

I purchased the MasterCraft RS and have been back to Moab 3-4 times and she has not complained one time, that's what I call a successful mod.
View attachment 81601

Sweet and did your install go ok with no problems or lights!

Sithwindu

Do the mastercraft seats sill have te option to crank the seat up like the stock seats do? I prefer to sit high in my jeep

Angry Aussie

View attachment 81515

Couldn't have said it better myself. My 12s were horrible and now I have the baja rs by mastercraft and they are so much better. Any time I hit the trails in my stock seats I would come home and my lower back would hurt so bad I couldn't move for a couple of hours. Now with the bajas I have no back pain at all after a day on the trails.

BDP849

Sweet and did your install go ok with no problems or lights!

No lights no major problems. The only issue I had was the slider, the release bar hit the seat frame, a few washers between the slider and seat fixed that issue. I couldn't be happier with the seats.

Top Bottom