Aftermarket Seat Options?

Diddle_JKU

The Wife has cleared me on a front seats purchase for our JKU. Been reading about Mastercraft, PRP and Twisted Stitch and have called all three businesses to ask questions but wanted to ask here as well. Any opinions on the three companies? Also worth noting, our Jeep is a DD and I am putting in a HardRock harness bar and going to be using PRP 5-point harnesses. Can any members here also post pictures of their seats too? Thanks

tgoss

Will be putting mastercrafts in mine this summer. Baja RS. I like the style, LOVE the material, still heated, super comfy and they still recline.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Agreed. When I was researching new seats I kept going back to mastercraft. I was going to get the mastercraft Baja rs dirt sport.

holliewood61

I run the mastercraft rs and am very happy with them. Its worth the extra money to buy the rs to get the reclining feature over the cheaper fixed back options. Ive rode in a rig with corbreu seats and they were very comfortable as well. They were fixed back, but in his toyota it didnt matter because there​ was no room to recline.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rcdude3

I have had the Mastercraft Rubicon seats in my JKU for about 6 years and have zero complaints. I ordered them with the Lumbar adjustment too. Ill see if I can find some pictures.

woof359

pictures

]thinking the same thing, would like to see pictures because there not cheep like the plastic one I used in my Samurai

Attachments

• mk10-1.jpg
    mk10-1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like everyone else here, I personally would recommend the Mastercraft Baja RS seats. Been running a set in our 2007 JK for over 6 years and have been quite happy with them.
main.php

Here's a couple of shots with a Rock Hard harness bar installed.
main.php

main.php

Angry Aussie

Like everyone else here, I personally would recommend the Mastercraft Baja RS seats. Been running a set in our 2007 JK for over 6 years and have been quite happy with them.
main.php

Here's a couple of shots with a Rock Hard harness bar installed.
main.php

main.php

I didn't know you could do single seats in the back like that. That looks amazing! I love it. I may be asking you about that in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Diddle_JKU

Wow, great replies, thank you everyone. Okay a couple additional questions for you all,

Do the MC RS seats recline? Any issues or complaints with them sitting low (or too high) -- from what I understand, you lose the stock JK seat driver's seat pump option when you go to aftermarket seats and I definitely like the driver's seat 'pumped up' when wheeling. And last, how are the bolsters in the MC and Corbeau seats for a DD -- anyone find it a hassle getting in and out on normal day to day errands and such?

Thanks for the replies and photos!

metalic

This ^^^
It can be difficult for shorter people especially in a 2011-up JK and with a cage installed. Mastercraft literally sells booster seats for this reason.
We have Mastercraft front and rear. The fronts sit lower which I love as I'm 6'4". I just recently installed the rears and believe they sit higher.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

independentrider

We have Mastercraft front and rear. The fronts sit lower which I love as I'm 6'4". I just recently installed the rears and believe they sit higher.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm 6'4" too and my head is way to close to the cage. I almost ordered the mastercraft seats the day I drove it off the lot. This was my only concern. now the I finally talked to someone who has them, I'm sold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I'm 6'4" too and my head is way to close to the cage. I almost ordered the mastercraft seats the day I drove it off the lot. This was my only concern. now the I finally talked to someone who has them, I'm sold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's awesome info to know. I'm 6'3" and just manage to squeak under my sound bar. I've thought about attempting to lower my seat. But I've got the side impact airbags and don't want to lose those or cause a mishap by messing with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dever

Wow, great replies, thank you everyone. Okay a couple additional questions for you all,

Do the MC RS seats recline? Any issues or complaints with them sitting low (or too high) -- from what I understand, you lose the stock JK seat driver's seat pump option when you go to aftermarket seats and I definitely like the driver's seat 'pumped up' when wheeling. And last, how are the bolsters in the MC and Corbeau seats for a DD -- anyone find it a hassle getting in and out on normal day to day errands and such?

Thanks for the replies and photos!
I started with the Corbeau CR1. The bolsters were high and the seats were narrow. Not ideal for lots of ins and outs. I just switched to the Baja XRS. They're much more comfortable. Like what others say about the MasterCraft seats, the Corbeaus sit lower.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom