After Lift Install

Ohus

Finishing up my lift install. Have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. Should I go through and retorque everything after a certain mileage driven on the new install?

2. Is it ok to drive 30 miles to get my alignment done or should I do it locally? I’ve never used anyone local but I have a tire shop I use exclusively for work near my work so prefer to use them.

Thanks

JT@623

Hooked
Th
Finishing up my lift install. Have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. Should I go through and retorque everything after a certain mileage driven on the new install?

2. Is it ok to drive 30 miles to get my alignment done or should I do it locally? I’ve never used anyone local but I have a tire shop I use exclusively for work near my work so prefer to use them.

Thanks
Theres a pretty good thread on here on do your own alignment. Retorque is a good idea after putting a few miles on .

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What lift kit did you install? More importantly, did your kit come with new adjustable control arms and track bars? If not, there is nothing your alignment shop can do other than recenter your steering wheel and take your money. If so, you should have already made the adjustments needed when installing your lift.

Regarding torque, I would mark all the bolts you worked on with a paint pen. That will give you a visual check to see if any have moved. After about 100 miles, you should give things a look.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Th

Theres a pretty good thread on here on do your own alignment. Retorque is a good idea after putting a few miles on .
This ^^^

Upvote 0

Ohus

I went with the Rancho lift. No control arms or track bars. I do have the geo correction bracket on order that I’m gonna throw on.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom