AEV Geometry Correction Brackets

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're cheap and they work in correcting geometry and therefore provide better handling BUT... they also effectively LOWER a point that gets hit on the rocks all the time. This is a point that you just paid good money to raise UP and just for that reason. If all you ever do is run around on dirt trails, they are a good option to have.

kevman65

Hooked
As was said, if you're only going to hit fire trails and drive on pavement, they are great and inexpensive.

But as soon as you go off road with obstructions, they are low hanging fruit that can and will get damaged.

jeeeep

Hooked
I ran the AEV JLU lift with the brackets for a year, wheeled Moab and no real issues like I have seen happen on a couple of JK's and imagined might happed on my JLU.

The couple of different times I saw where brackets collapsed on JK 's, IMO think it's because they were a thin 2-piece design held together with bolts and spacers - nothing welded to keep them together or offer more support.

I've since moved on to EVO LA/coil over and glad I did... I don't think the the JLU suspension would've survived keeping up with Moby - brain switched off and told the foot "more gas! faster, faster you fool!" 😂

TonyT

Caught the Bug
The AEV 4.5" was my first lift on my JK. This was before they had a Regular or Premium version and before the front drop brackets were released. I bought the brackets when they were released and it didn't make a bit of difference. They folded up like a card table not long after they were put on. Just one of those products sold out of a smooth mixture of engineering, fear, sales-talk, and bullshit in my opinion.

pvkj454

I added the correction brackets to the front and noticed some improvement in highway manners. I then added DB3 rear correction brackets and they also helped. The DB3 brackets are welded and much better quality but still hang low. If I was going to rock crawl my JKU, I would definitely not run them and would have went long arm instead.

Top Bottom