Advice needed for gladiator mods

GG88

Hello all!
I recently purchased a Gladiator Overland and want do some modifications. I am aware of some restraints do to the limits of the overland. I am looking to lift it 2.5 in and put 35s on it. I know this could hurt it’s street performance and I was wondering what I could do to help that after the modifications such as a regear, new suspension, etc. This is my first Jeep so I am some what In the dark when it comes to this stuff any advice helps.
Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Hello all!
I recently purchased a Gladiator Overland and want do some modifications. I am aware of some restraints do to the limits of the overland. I am looking to lift it 2.5 in and put 35s on it. I know this could hurt it’s street performance and I was wondering what I could do to help that after the modifications such as a regear, new suspension, etc. This is my first Jeep so I am some what In the dark when it comes to this stuff any advice helps.
Thanks!

I believe the Overland has 3.73s in the axles. I'm running 35s on my Sport with an Automatic and Max Tow (4.11 gears) and I have no desire to regear. It has plenty of power and gas mileage is still decent. I do lose 8th gear on the freeway but it doesn't bother me. Now a manual transmission may offer different results.
Now my wife has a jl with the turbo engine and automatic trans, but only has 3.45 gears and is also running 35s, yet still no reason for us to regear. Plenty of power.

I put a Rancho leveling kit on the front of mine and gained 2.25 inches and didn't have to change anything else. It drives fine to me.

mrmet1983

no need to regear and if you want good on and offroad performance go with a real life such as the enforcer by evo and yes replace the shocks, sure a spacer kit with stock extensions will get you to the height you want but durability and ride comfort seriously lack. as most will tell you on here... do it right the first time and you will be happy in the long run. Best of luck with your first jeep and welcome

Tall Mike

I'm running 35's and SpiderTrax spacers (no lift) on my Overland. Honestly I really don't think it needs a re-gear with the 3.6 under the hood...YMMV

Gladiator house.jpg

Lojo

IMG_1822.jpg
I’m running Evo 2.5 enforcer on 37’s. It rides perfect now that it’s all dialed in. Just added synergy drag link and tie rod. Made it even better. I will eventually regear but want to do other mods now. Do it right the first time and you will be much happier! Lots of great information here on WAYALIFE!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Also running the Evo Mfg 2.5” suspension kit on my JT. I have the stage 4 plus with all 8 control arms and both track bars. You can get away without the control arms to save some money. I run the stock Rubicon Fox shocks with the Evo Mfg 2.5” shock extension brackets. Very happy with it. Rides better than stock and does great on the trails with the 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers. I did regear to 4.88s to make highway driving better and make 8th gear useful again. To be honest I wish I’d have gone with 5.13s.

If you are planning to go with 35s you likely won’t need to regear the axles. You could probably get away with a spacer lift of some type in the 1.5-2” range and save some cash. 2.5” lift fits 37s comfortably.

IMG_5252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Lojo

Also running the Evo Mfg 2.5” suspension kit on my JT. I have the stage 4 plus with all 8 control arms and both track bars. You can get away without the control arms to save some money. I run the stock Rubicon Fox shocks with the Evo Mfg 2.5” shock extension brackets. Very happy with it. Rides better than stock and does great on the trails with the 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers. I did regear to 4.88s to make highway driving better and make 8th gear useful again. To be honest I wish I’d have gone with 5.13s.

If you are planning to go with 35s you likely won’t need to regear the axles. You could probably get away with a spacer lift of some type in the 1.5-2” range and save some cash. 2.5” lift fits 37s comfortably.

View attachment 354319

You think 5.13 is the way to go? How much difference between the two? Since your on 4.88 now what makes you wish you would have went 5.13?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You think 5.13 is the way to go? How much difference between the two? Since your on 4.88 now what makes you wish you would have went 5.13?

The rpm difference by going to 5.13s might not seem like much, I think it’d help though. Instead of my Jeep hunting between 6th and 7th at 65mph and up it now hunts between 7th and 8th.

Lojo

The rpm difference by going to 5.13s might not seem like much, I think it’d help though. Instead of my Jeep hunting between 6th and 7th at 65mph and up it now hunts between 7th and 8th.

Thanks for the input. It’s always difficult to decide.

WJCO

Meme King

You may have mentioned it in another thread, but how much did the re-gear cost (parts and labor)? And did they swap all the bearings out or just the gears?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You may have mentioned it in another thread, but how much did the re-gear cost (parts and labor)? And did they swap all the bearings out or just the gears?

I paid $2200 for front and rear Revolution gears, all new bearings and seals, weld on install of the Evo Mfg front axle truss, and new axle seals at the FAD (req’d due to the welding heat introduced from the truss install).

Top Bottom