Ace Eng Stand alone tire carrier

zimm

Caught the Bug
The hinged carriers don't put any stress on the sheet metal. There is a steel reinforcement behind the factory hinges. Pull your tail light and feel in there with your hand.

If I were going to get a cage, I'd get the gen right. A wheeling buddy of mine got one just after I installed my evo carrier. To be honest, I'm a bit jealous and would rather have the gen right cage. But, with the frequency I'm going into the back (I have an ARB fridge and kids), the convenience of the hinged carrier can't be beat. It just doesn't look as bad ass.

cocokrispes

I have that tire carrier and will be taking it off as soon as the Evo one I ordered arrives, now let me tell you why. It took 8 weeks for mine to arrive and when it did it was beat to hell from shipping ( horrible packing) sent it back and waited another 6 weeks for the second one. Now mine rattles like hell, I do have a kmc machete beadlock with 37/13.50's on it. But the way it mounts is behind your factory hinges on the passenger side and a plate to the center of the tailgate with a hiem joint holding it "tight" problem is with as heavy as the tire is plus the offset of the wheel (3.5 bs) the whole tailgate shakes in and out. Best way I can describe it is it's like the entire tailgate is rocking forward and back on the latch when hitting bumps. Called ace and they basically told me I installed a hinge bolt wrong and there was nothing they could do to remedy it. So I was pretty bummed about it and there customer service so after talking to Evo (very helpful btw) I ordered there carrier and am tossing this ace one away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for this. Its a great and honest review. This really helps. I'm thinking just not running a spare until I'm ready for EVO carrier or bumper/carrier combo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

The hinged carriers don't put any stress on the sheet metal. There is a steel reinforcement behind the factory hinges. Pull your tail light and feel in there with your hand.

If I were going to get a cage, I'd get the gen right. A wheeling buddy of mine got one just after I installed my evo carrier. To be honest, I'm a bit jealous and would rather have the gen right cage. But, with the frequency I'm going into the back (I have an ARB fridge and kids), the convenience of the hinged carrier can't be beat. It just doesn't look as bad ass.

IMG_9717.JPG

Still look badass?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Is that your jeep or an internet find? Shit, anything can happen if you're rear ended. I'm sure my tailgate would be mangled too if my spare takes a hit.

J

JKDream

Is that your jeep or an internet find? Shit, anything can happen if you're rear ended. I'm sure my tailgate would be mangled too if my spare takes a hit.

That was from bumping a tree in reverse.
And yes, your tailgate would be too. Mine is, from a tree as well. It barely closes.

zimm

Caught the Bug
No personal offense intended, but I can't stand how far the tire is offset to the right on the AEV.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
No personal offense intended, but I can't stand how far the tire is offset to the right on the AEV.

None taken! I completely understand how that could bug someone. :drinks:

The offset looks over-pronounced in that pic though due to the angle.

tippedover

@rayford85 I had the exact same problem waited 8 weeks and than it came beat to shit so I sent it back and asked for my money.

I went to the poison spider one and have been very happy. It was a hard choice from that and evo. But to the OP I asked this same question along time ago and Eddie and many others said save ur money and get something solid, my advice wait a month save a few $$ and get evo or PS

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom