ABS and Traction lights

SaddleTramp

They are always on. They flashed for a day now just on all the time.

Well shit, I'm no help, ;). I had flashing and intemittant lights after adding the new axles when driving over uneven surfaces (road gutters, approaches, etc.) but was fixed after swapping a worn steering box (lateral movement in the sector shaft) and adjusting the RAM so the left/right turning throw was same distance each way.

JohnnyD

Here we go, I just got same symptoms today. Happens on hard left right turns at speed, and mostly when taking a pothole/bump at speed....I got the codes...all signs point to abs sensor at this point...

But this may have something to do with it..lol

Hard to tell in photo but the steering wheel is about 20 degrees left of where it was when I started wheelin....

View attachment 148239

Think jumped a couple threads on this trip...I re-centered, checked everything...and now I'm dealing with the dash lights

UPDATE:
So, after recentering and being ok for a bit , the lights kept coming on, but only over large bumps, think potholes or raised manhole covers. Then started happening more and more even just small bumps or hard leans but only left ones.

So I set about trying to figure out what was going on, long story short was a loose ground by the horn. Discovered this after two abs module replacements at the dealer.

Check your grounds guys, this one was a bitch for me since in the middle of all the troubleshooting I did a full set of arms and other lighting adds so was not easy to understand if I did it or not....

Top Bottom