About to buy new jack

JKUR-08

Hey everyone, so today I am gonna swing into harbor freight in about an hour and pick up a new floor jack. Was wondering if a low profile 3 ton with 20" max lift height will be enough for 3" lift? I will be swapping springs soon but today just want to get my axle shafts in. Thanks in advance.

Food for thought, if you have 35 inch tires that means the center is roughly 17 inches from the ground. So with a 20 inch jack you can lift it off the ground by the pumpkin, but not from the frame...

Also low profile is more for a car vs jeep/pickup.

Food for thought, if you have 35 inch tires that means the center is roughly 17 inches from the ground. So with a 20 inch jack you can lift it off the ground by the pumpkin, but not from the frame...

Also low profile is more for a car vs jeep/pickup.

Dually noted. Just checking for low profile because it is on sale. I'll grab a standard. Should I look for more than 20"?

I just bought a 6ton bottle jack to keep in the jeep for road side emergencies, and I also bought a 3ton jackstand/bottle jack combo for trail use ( http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/powerbuilt-3-ton-all-in-one-jack ). If you want to be able to lift your jeep to swap out springs you can try to get a floor jack with maybe 24" of lift. Lift up one side at the axle, place a jack stand under the frame, then do the other side. Remove your tires and then drop the axle. I use a highlift and jack up on the tub(Rubi rails) as close as I can to the fender and then place jack stands under the frame, and then use a regular jack to remove the tires and drop the axle. Before you start lifting anything though you need to remove the axle shock bolts, trackbar axle bolt, and the swaybar links.

Top Bottom