A wave from Tennessee, Hello

harleyjim

A warm Hello to everyone, I'm Jim and my wife is Pat. I am a retired fabricator and custom builder of all things steel, we have several 4x4s but my wife's favorite is her 1973 CJ5, it has the 304 V8 with 67,000 original miles on it, its Daisy yellow has power steering and is pretty much stock, almost!
20201109_214900.jpg 20190814_130335.jpg 20220131_160820.jpg 20220131_160812.jpg I am currently building a small-scale jeep, approximately half scale and I googled body dimensions and was directed here, so I have looked around a bit and like what is here and would like to be a part of it. there seems to be some knowledgeable folks here that may be willing to help me. thanks for letting me join and I hope to contribute to the community as well as learn from it. Thanks, Jim

DZRTJP

Welcome from Arizona 👋

Nice CJ, a buddy of mine had the same version & color as hers. His was not nearly as nice & low mileage though. I used to help him work on it ( he wasn't too mechanically inclined😁).
Bet that half scale will be something to see when done 🙂

GP NOIR

Hooked
That is a clean CJ5. Amazing!

I really want to see how your half scale Jeep turns out. Will it be a 4x4?

harleyjim

GP, Thank you, Pat loves her Jeep.
I am going to build this one just 2WD but my wheels were turning in that direction. I am always collecting for the next build so I have been looking at 4x4 atvs as a doner for the next one.
I would like to start a build thread, is that something that is done here, if so where would be a good place to put it. Thanks, Jim

Top Bottom