A new look for Smokey

Bet you shed a little tear seeing smokey back in the driveway. Glad you were able to get the work done you needed. :yup:

Last edited:
Thanks for kind words everybody! I still have a few hours of work left to do before its back to normal. The engine sounds great except for a little squeak coming from the belt idler pulley. (I think). :)

Thanks for kind words everybody! I still have a few hours of work left to do before its back to normal. The engine sounds great except for a little squeak coming from the belt idler pulley. (I think). :)

They gave you a 3.6 head and you have the "tick." :cheesy:

Glad he is almost back to normal.

Does the lifetime warranty apply to second owners?

I bought a used 08 unlimited x 3 months ago and I think it may have an oil consumption issue. Only has 40k miles on it!?!?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does the lifetime warranty apply to second owners?

I bought a used 08 unlimited x 3 months ago and I think it may have an oil consumption issue. Only has 40k miles on it!?!?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nope I don't believe so. It was a selling point of the JKs in 2008.

Chrysler considers 1 quart per 1000 miles acceptable. Depending on how hard the engine was working (climbing grades on the highway), when I first started the oil consumption test required by Chrysler, I was using about 3 - 4 quarts per 1000. After they replaced my heads and I was still going through oil, another test was started. At the end of this test I was using about 1 quart per 100 miles. This is when they decided to put a new short block in.
It didn't use a drop until close to 65,000 miles. It just started using oil, with out any smoking, getting worse as I drove it more.

Holy moly that's a lot of oil being used! I thought my 1qt per 1k miles was bad. I usually just add a quart in between my oil changes every 3k miles. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on it since I'm approaching 62k miles. Thanks for the information!

Top Bottom