A new eruption just started here in Hawaii

Brute

Hooked
At least the beer was at normal price...drinking one now. Here's to hoping the electricity stays on long enough to watch the UH Warriors beat Colorado State in Fort Collins tomorrow in the season opener...

I plan on attending Udub's game against Arizona State on the Sept 22nd...by boat.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Shit just got serious. The struggle is real.

I found store open today. Got more beer and poke. The employees were incredibly sarcastic and clearly not happy that they had to work today. I didn’t take anything personal at all as I somewhat expected it. Too bad overlander isn’t here, he would’ve had a field day in there and it would’ve been a sight to behold.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Storm is breaking apart and has rapidly shifted course right over us. We are seriously getting hammered here now. Everyone is isolated. I currently have fiends here who couldn’t make it home from work today. It’s getting pretty bad.

IMG_6930.JPG

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Holy shit guys this is really bad... just took a drive down the street to check the roads for my friends who are here with me. There are rivers crossing the highways as well as our main road to my neighborhood. Barely made it back. I think I’m stuck here for the night. Videos to follow.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Alright here we go... a couple of disclaimers first:

1. I understand this this entire episode was a very, VERY, stupid decision and it definitely pushed my comfort level to the limit but once I was committed, there as no turning back.

2. I could not stop to pick up the paramedics who were stranded with their ambulance because I would have been stranded with them if I stopped. However, they were rescued by the truck at the far end of the first video.

3. These videos are completely unedited. I was born and raised here and have never seen anything like this in my entire life.

—————————

This video begins maybe 1/8 mile from my house heading towards the highway. Take note of the water depth.

https://youtu.be/Aeqp8zsJsQY

This video was taken once we made to the highway. We tried to go up the highway a bit to avoid going back through that deep water. There is a paved road at higher elevation that leads back to our house. As you’ll see, it was very dangerous and the situation there was deteriorating rapidly.

https://youtu.be/fb3KgrzsS8o

This video shows the same water crossing as in the first video. However, note how much higher it is even though it was only less than 10 minutes after the first video. My brother in law and friend were in the back seat. In the last sentence of the video, my friend says it all. I’m really glad (and lucky) we made it back.

https://youtu.be/XgfaZLN_Ubw

This was all a huge learning experience for me and a real eye opener to how severe this storm is. This is nothing like I have ever seen here.. and it’s still ongoing.

Aloha

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I found store open today. Got more beer and poke. The employees were incredibly sarcastic and clearly not happy that they had to work today. I didn’t take anything personal at all as I somewhat expected it. Too bad overlander isn’t here, he would’ve had a field day in there and it would’ve been a sight to behold.

Fuck that. You and your people are cursed. First a hole in the ground erupts lava then you get 12 feet of rain in two days. I’m good here on the mainland. Lol

98XJ06LJ

View attachment 309062

This was $2.99 a week ago...at the Safeway this morning...
This is very much illegal. Having lived through Harvey last year here in Houston and seeing all the stores raise prices during and after the storm, now the state is going after all of the stores and companies. There is a way to report them through the state website. This has to stop. Taking advantage of people when they are just trying to get much needed supplies is disgusting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Alright here we go... a couple of disclaimers first:

1. I understand this this entire episode was a very, VERY, stupid decision and it definitely pushed my comfort level to the limit but once I was committed, there as no turning back.

2. I could not stop to pick up the paramedics who were stranded with their ambulance because I would have been stranded with them if I stopped. However, they were rescued by the truck at the far end of the first video.

3. These videos are completely unedited. I was born and raised here and have never seen anything like this in my entire life.

—————————

This video begins maybe 1/8 mile from my house heading towards the highway. Take note of the water depth.

https://youtu.be/Aeqp8zsJsQY

This video was taken once we made to the highway. We tried to go up the highway a bit to avoid going back through that deep water. There is a paved road at higher elevation that leads back to our house. As you’ll see, it was very dangerous and the situation there was deteriorating rapidly.

https://youtu.be/fb3KgrzsS8o

This video shows the same water crossing as in the first video. However, note how much higher it is even though it was only less than 10 minutes after the first video. My brother in law and friend were in the back seat. In the last sentence of the video, my friend says it all. I’m really glad (and lucky) we made it back.

https://youtu.be/XgfaZLN_Ubw

This was all a huge learning experience for me and a real eye opener to how severe this storm is. This is nothing like I have ever seen here.. and it’s still ongoing.

Aloha

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Glad you didn't get stranded out there but please be respectful of your neighbor that is flooded. At the speed you were traveling through the water you are pushing a wake in front of you that travels all the way to that house. It is frustrating enough to be standing in your home while your belongings are floating in water without the waves of passing vehicles washing thru. This was something that caused lots of problems during the flooding last year here in Houston. Not trying to be some over critical jackass. Just saying, please slow down when driving past a flooded home if you venture out again. It sucks when it's your house. Stay safe and good luck!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
The Big Island unfortunately took the brunt of the storm....it has now broken up and has been downloaded to a tropical storm...we are getting some rain and mills wind, so it is practically a non event for us in Kaneohe...however, the surf and storm surge is huge, and there are still flash flood warnings everywhere...

Making coffee and Bailys as I write this...prepping for the football game...

Top Bottom