A Dirt Head's JK

Since getting the Methods on, I’ve readjusted the EVO carrier to compensate for the less backspacing the new wheels have. With the stock Rubicon Wheels, I had to run a spacer on the carrier while also having the mount fully extended outward. With these new wheels (now with 4.75” backspacing, as opposed to the 6.2” from the Rubicon wheels) I still have to run the spacer even with the mount moved inward or else the tire still makes too much contact on the tailgate hinges and bumper to fully seat when bolted down. Not to mention the CB antenna as well. (Yes I still use it lol)

While this is a minimal issue, it did make the tire rattle quite a bit more than it was before - thanks to its increased weight and not being pressed up against the tailgate hinges as before. I picked these up and it seems to do the trick, mitigating a decent amount of the rattle anyway.

IMG_6964.jpeg
IMG_6966.jpeg

Another small upgrade today, this time an Amazon special. Dead leg pedal. While I’m used to driving only Wranglers which have never had one, this should be nice on longer trips. Have one to Utah planned the first week of July to see my family, with hopes to sneak in a little wheeling throughout the way.

IMG_7012.jpeg

In other news, the CB antenna doubles as a great flag post with a simple zip tie up top 👍

IMG_7013.jpeg

IMG_7062.jpeg

Picked up some 6 spline lugs with the correct seat from Discount Tire - was using stock style ones before that were cutting it close to the walls of the lug hole for a socket or lug wrench.

As mentioned before, I’m also making a trip up to Utah July 2nd to the 8th to see some family - in hopes to get some wheeling in along the way. I’m coming up from San Diego along the 15 for the entirety of the way to Salt Lake, so anyone around the 15 let me know if you want to meet up for a bite to eat 🍻

Another small upgrade today, this time an Amazon special. Dead leg pedal. While I’m used to driving only Wranglers which have never had one, this should be nice on longer trips. Have one to Utah planned the first week of July to see my family, with hopes to sneak in a little wheeling throughout the way.

View attachment 408245

In other news, the CB antenna doubles as a great flag post with a simple zip tie up top 👍

View attachment 408246
That’s a good idea for long drives…

View attachment 408690

Picked up some 6 spline lugs with the correct seat from Discount Tire - was using stock style ones before that were cutting it close to the walls of the lug hole for a socket or lug wrench.

As mentioned before, I’m also making a trip up to Utah July 2nd to the 8th to see some family - in hopes to get some wheeling in along the way. I’m coming up from San Diego along the 15 for the entirety of the way to Salt Lake, so anyone around the 15 let me know if you want to meet up for a bite to eat 🍻
so that's how good those wheels look clean lol

Top Bottom