50" light bar help with whistle and interference

Here's the pictures of how I ran the wiring for the light bar:

2246FD23-9D8C-4995-8FCB-F75D6C663050_zpsxtxtqubk.jpg

I have a quick disconnect for the light hidden behind the bracket
930A3BC3-D47A-4951-A9BF-CE4503C3C7C9_zpssmhckvmb.jpg
CDEB218F-B92D-4EF6-9AFF-ABB4054A1801_zpslksb3sds.jpg

Last edited:

jfallon1

Just installed a 50" Cree LED bar. I have the typical whistle and outside of removing it what are the best solutions you've come up with to stop the whistle. Also I'm getting an electrical interference which I never had before. I routed everything following all my current wires for my other 2 sets of LED's and my CB radio. Thank you for any help /advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Find out what the problem is yet with the interference?

t8er

No not yet. I've gotten a couple different opinions. I bought some jerry can's from trail jeeps in golden so I'm going to pick their brains tomorrow. worst case I'll drive up to the Boulder Jeep dealer and talk to them. Hopefully they can point me in a quick direction looking at the wiring.

t8er

So the thought is the interference is because my power cable runs down the passenger side by my antenna causing the radio feedback. Once I flip my light bar I hope that it's fixed. Also it'll make it easier to silicon the side fins on the bar which I started. That has cut it down but I still get it from 50-60 mph. Hopefully I can finish it Sunday.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
My wire is run on the drivers side in a similar fashion but NOT tucked under the bracket. Runs next to the bracket (using wire ties) and under the cowl. No electrical noise ever.

t8er

My wire is run on the drivers side in a similar fashion but NOT tucked under the bracket. Runs next to the bracket (using wire ties) and under the cowl. No electrical noise ever.

My power wire is on the passenger side right now. It'll be on the drivers side tomorrow.

jfallon1

So the thought is the interference is because my power cable runs down the passenger side by my antenna causing the radio feedback. Once I flip my light bar I hope that it's fixed. Also it'll make it easier to silicon the side fins on the bar which I started. That has cut it down but I still get it from 50-60 mph. Hopefully I can finish it Sunday.

Try this out. Take some duct tape and tape the whole back of your light bar up. Then take it for a ride and see if it stops. I may have found our problem

Top Bottom