$5 NO MESS Oil Filter Change Solution for a 392

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you with a Jeep 392 who are willing to get your hands dirty and do your own work on it, you know know how much of a pain it is to replace the oil filter without making a mess. Located just above the front axle, oil ends up dripping all over it, the track bar and even the tie-rod and for the most part, there's no way to keep it from doing this. Well, almost no way that is.

Needless to say, here's my $5 solution - a $3 disposable aluminum cookie sheet and a $1.50 hand clamp and both of which I bought at Walmart. Essentially, about $5 including tax.
20240117103718-acdb890d.jpg

As you can see, all you have to do is clamp the cookie sheet on to the tie-rod and place your oil catch pan under it.
20240117103719-996bf098.jpg

And that's all there is to it 😁

AZVAJKU

Hooked
For those of you with a Jeep 392 who are willing to get your hands dirty and do your own work on it, you know know how much of a pain it is to replace the oil filter without making a mess. Located just above the front axle, oil ends up dripping all over it, the track bar and even the tie-rod and for the most part, there's no way to keep it from doing this. Well, almost no way that is.

Needless to say, here's my $5 solution - a $3 disposable aluminum cookie sheet and a $1.50 hand clamp and both of which I bought at Walmart. Essentially, about $5 including tax.

As you can see, all you have to do is clamp the cookie sheet on to the tie-rod and place your oil catch pan under it.

Cool tip, thanks!

I still have a couple of free oil changes left, I’m just about to hit 5,800 miles 🤣😂, however when I start changing it myself I’ll definitely implement this technique.

Genius!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool tip, thanks!

I still have a couple of free oil changes left, I’m just about to hit 5,800 miles 🤣😂, however when I start changing it myself I’ll definitely implement this technique.
Dear lord, that Jeep needs to be driven more!!

Thanks for sharing this. While I don't have a 392, I do have a Ram that has a similar issue. I was using a bag over the filter that worked about half the time.

Top Bottom