40s on Dana 44?

I was not aware of this. I personally wouldn't speak for another person or assume to know what they would say but that's just me.

Well that's a shame. Maybe you should make some friends. Me, I would totally trust any of my good friends like Greg, Mel or even any of the moderators here to speak for me. :yup:

I was not aware of this. I personally wouldn't speak for another person or assume to know what they would say but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

No problems from me, I don't expect everyone to know this either ;)

If you only knew the span of conversations Mel and I have over the intercom in the race cars :doh: At KOH on thursdays during the stock class race, its pretty tense, on friday during the unlimited class race, we are more relaxed, so we are actually getting pretty damn funny and having a great time.

IMG_0850.jpg

Speaking of sector shaft braces, isn't it weird that EVO makes and sells one but in spite of it, chooses not to run one on EVO 1 or Evolander :idontknow:

If you only knew the span of conversations Mel and I have over the intercom in the race cars :doh: At KOH on thursdays during the stock class race, its pretty tense, on friday during the unlimited class race, we are more relaxed, so we are actually getting pretty damn funny and having a great time.

View attachment 103456

Not to be a braggart or anything, but I have that same beanie. No really, that EXCACT same beanie.:yup: I've treated like a Keith Richards guitar pick and have not washed it yet. :rock:

Name calling, nice.

Guilty as charged. I'm a strait shooter like that. No need to hide behind subtleties like "I would never speak for someone else" or "but that's just me." If I'm going to call someone out, I will have the intestinal fortitude to just call them out.

The only person on this thread making assumptions is you. You assume that your computer modeling equally translates into the real world...experience has shown that it often does not. You assume that GCM 2 is putting words in Mel's mouth, making statements about his business practices, or just haphazardly claiming to know what Mel may or may not recommend. You make all of these assumptions without any knowledge of the true facts (rather ironic isn't it, the scientist opining on a subject without knowledge of the very facts most pertinent to the opinion?). After making those false assumptions, you then took thinly veiled shots at my friend, Greg.

So yes, I think you are an ass. Put that in your computer and model it.

That's very assumption of you to say I have no friends.

Maybe we should put this thread back on track to 40s on 44 axles. What do you say.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think you meant to say "presumptuous" and no, I don't think I was. I was just saying that I would trust my good friends to speak for me and I think they would trust me to speak for them as well. Maybe you just don't have any close friends or, at least ones that would feel comfortable with you speaking for them.

Not to be a braggart or anything, but I have that same beanie. No really, that EXCACT same beanie.:yup: I've treated like a Keith Richards guitar pick and have not washed it yet. :rock:

Oh snap! I remember that like it was yesterday. Man, that $&@t was funny when that happened :cheesy: I am just glad it was you and not some stalker (I have one in Phoenix, and the dude is not a WOL fan and seems to always be there to point out the fact to me that Mel is the driver. Multiple incidents with a hint of underlying jealousy the core group of us here and my friendship with Mel. It's the story behind the "suit up, you are driving the space shuttle" story from the Vegas 2 Reno race)

Oh snap! I remember that like it was yesterday. Man, that $&@t was funny when that happened :cheesy: I am just glad it was you and not some stalker (I have one in Phoenix, and the dude is not a WOL fan and seems to always be there to point out the fact to me that Mel is the driver. Multiple incidents with a hint of underlying jealousy the core group of us here and my friendship with Mel. It's the story behind the "suit up, you are driving the space shuttle" story from the Vegas 2 Reno race)

Uh…yeah…yeah…totally cool it wasn't a stalker or anything…:crazy eyes:…yeah….cause that would…uh…be weird and stuff….SNIFF!!!

Truth be told, now that you've acknowledged the legitimacy of said "artifact"…or as I like to call it "my precious" (see what I did there?), I am going to put it up for auction. You hear me Phoenix?! Now is your chance!

:cheesy:

Uh…yeah…yeah…totally cool it wasn't a stalker or anything…:crazy eyes:…yeah….cause that would…uh…be weird and stuff….SNIFF!!! Truth be told, now that you've acknowledged the legitimacy of said "artifact"…or as I like to call it "my precious" (see what I did there?), I am going to put it up for auction. You hear me Phoenix?! Now is your chance! :cheesy:

No Smeagel, you must give it to Frodo so that he may return it to Mount Chocolate Thunder where it was forged in the fires of Johnson Valley.

(Two threads tonight with references to Lord Of The Rings ;) )

View attachment 103456

Sorry but I call bullshit! There is no way you could have a conversation in the unlimited class car.

The hemi is too loud! :brows:

How do you gain experience then if you don't make an assumption based on conversations or research on what might work and try it to gain the experience. Wayalife said he originally thought sleeve were the way to go, tried them then decided they were not. I have sleeves and in my experience they work for the wheelin I do.

I ran a model that showed sleeve would give a increase in strength, then looked at the ORE website and read the 30% increase in strength. Looked back at my sim and had the same increase. That's called independent validation. If you have any evidence they don't increase strength, please share.

I didn't assume GCM2 was putting words into Mel's mouth just that I think Mel should speak for Mel. If Mel is happy for GCM2 to speak for him, then so am I, I would have no reason not to. I think GCM2 is now aware of this.

Engineers said the steel used at the World Trade Center was strong enough too. Look what happen to that.

Assumption are the starting point to find out the true facts, but that's just how science works.

Ask prime8 about science.

Who is Greg?
I don't think very much of you either, but that is just my present opinion and maybe you will display some facts that would change that.

I

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stick with us here. GCM2 is Greg, Greg is GCM2.

...Who is Greg?

I am Greg....or G....or GCM 2 ;)

...I ran a model that showed sleeve would give a increase in strength, then looked at the ORE website and read the 30% increase in strength. Looked back at my sim and had the same increase. That's called independent validation. If you have any evidence they don't increase strength, please share.

I don't think anyone is really debating that you are increasing strength by sleeving, at least I am not, but it is the amount of strength you are increasing it by. 30% increase on an factory Dana 44 axle (remember the tubes are actually Dana 30's) are known to bend with even the smallest increase in tire size if the jeep is going to be used. We are not talking about the old original factory Dana 44's I sleeved and trussed on my old CJ's, those were truly strong axles to begin with and I was attempting to make them bomb proof so I could run 44'' tires. It worked for a while, but it was inevitable, the tubes bent, but the ring and pinions grenaded first multiple times before I gave up. Todays Dana 44's offered by Fiat/Chrysler are appalling examples strength, nothing more than cost cutting, money saving attempts by Mopar to keep the profit margins high by reducing the amount of steel and alloys needed for production.

You want engineering, you want real strength. Just go with a Dynatrac axle. Jim McGean (owner of Dynatrac) is a genius, like rocket surgeon level genius and he has holistically engineered axle strength into the product the correct way- by not cutting corners and using quality USA steel. Dynatrac comparison below.

Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 11.50.26 AM.png

Bottom line: you can continue spending money on temporary bandaids for a factory axle, but in the end you still cannot polish a turd.

Top Bottom