4 lifts in 8 months

Skirmish

And they don't seem to get much easier. Grrrr

The owner broke a banjo bolt over torquing, luckily there was enough to turn it back out. Auto Zone said they had it but just had a bag of parts to hang the brake line. Just Brakes, Pep Boys, O'Riley....no, no, no. Dealer had one but the only parts dept still open is 30 miles from my place. An hour and a half wasted on a $3 part.

Drilling was the other time waster. Front bumps, a TB brace needed two more and the rear links needed new holes, all took too long as my drill bit selection is getting dull or destroyed. All in probably 9 hours which is getting better, the TJ we did lasted 15 and most of that really sucked.

The good news is, we have another JK on 35's and up 3" in the club ready to wheel. The bad news is I have a ton of work to do on my own rig that I never get around to. The strange news is he has an 07 that didn't come with any tow hooks, is that normal? Luckily I had mine to give.

Skirmish

The first and third were mine (went cheap to get started and pieced the current lift together over a few months the second was a buddy's TJ and the 4th was my original lift put on another friends JK. So two were mine, two for others, sorry for the confusion.

gouacats

The strange news is he has an 07 that didn't come with any tow hooks, is that normal? Luckily I had mine to give.

Seems to be pretty normal, at least for Xs. My and my buddies 08s didn't have them. We just picked them up of off Craigslist.

Top Bottom