392 Extreme Recon ?

JT@623

Hooked
I sat out there tonight having a beer and still can’t believe I own one. I guess 41 years of hard work is finally paying off.
I feel fortunate to have had a successful career.
started as a laborer and worked my way in to a senior supervisor position so contrary to the liberal agenda hard work pays off.

the problem with todays youth is instant gratification and 0 work ethic .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sat out there tonight having a beer and still can’t believe I own one. I guess 41 years of hard work is finally paying off.
I feel fortunate to have had a successful career.
started as a laborer and worked my way in to a senior supervisor position so contrary to the liberal agenda hard work pays off.

the problem with todays youth is instant gratification and 0 work ethic .
So awesome! Congratulations once again

JimLee

Hooked
I’m with you…only mods I’m doing to my 392 is pull off the bumper ends, put a winch on it, and find a set of bead lock rings for the wheels…
Check out Traction Offroad, they are making functional beadlock rings for 392s and XRs. They also make some pretty sweet double beadlock wheels for those looking for something outside the mainstream vendors.

Brute

Hooked
Check out Traction Offroad, they are making functional beadlock rings for 392s and XRs. They also make some pretty sweet double beadlock wheels for those looking for something outside the mainstream vendors.
I just checked their site…thanks for that. They are currently in a move to a new location in Georgia, and will be up and running to accept order shortly. I’m definitely looking in to it…

JimLee

Hooked
I just checked their site…thanks for that. They are currently in a move to a new location in Georgia, and will be up and running to accept order shortly. I’m definitely looking in to it…
No stress, I know a lot of people have been looking for 392 rings, and who knows when factory ones will be readily available, if ever. If you have any luck with them let everyone know, I'm interested in their flow formed double beadlocks for 8 lug axles myself. Not a lot of options in the 17", 4.5 backspace, no offset, 8 lug world.

jeeeep

Hooked
Congrats on the 392, I was looking at one 2 weeks ago and had convinced myself nope, too overpriced but... all the comments sound like a repeat of all the reasons of why/why not I ran thru my head and thought I was over it. lol

Brute

Hooked
No stress, I know a lot of people have been looking for 392 rings, and who knows when factory ones will be readily available, if ever. If you have any luck with them let everyone know, I'm interested in their flow formed double beadlocks for 8 lug axles myself. Not a lot of options in the 17", 4.5 backspace, no offset, 8 lug world.
Trail Ready…

JT@623

Hooked
Congrats on the 392, I was looking at one 2 weeks ago and had convinced myself nope, too overpriced but... all the comments sound like a repeat of all the reasons of why/why not I ran thru my head and thought I was over it. lol
I went back and forth for a few days whatever you do don’t drive one. Bad thing is all I did was take the wife’s grand Cherokee for service. I had no plan on buying one until I saw it and they let me drive it 🤣

kevman65

Hooked
If I was farther away from retirement than I am, I would probably go do something stupid and trade in the JT.

But, with right at 4 years to retirement and the JT almost paid off, I don't want to get under that kind of a payment that would extend past my working days.

So, you kids enjoy your hotrod toys and I'll live vicariously through you and bitch about it. 🤪

That price is essentially what they sell new. Depending on how many miles are on it, could be a good by anyway. As far as how well they'll hold their value goes, it's hard not to think they won't hold it extremely well. I know that Ricky here on the forum had a lot of problems with his but that's since been fixed and I haven't hear too much of anything else.

Now, for the real question, are they worth it? For me, yes. I absolutely love mine. However, I would be the first to say, they're stupid expensive - way more than they should be and that almost turned me off to buying one.
Ya I had the one issue with the ground wire being loose. Since it was fixed though I have had nothing but smiles driving it around. It really is a blast. With 3 kids it is very small in the back for them but that’s my only complaint and only reason I would think about selling it.

benatc1

Hooked
Ya I had the one issue with the ground wire being loose. Since it was fixed though I have had nothing but smiles driving it around. It really is a blast. With 3 kids it is very small in the back for them but that’s my only complaint and only reason I would think about selling it.
This is why I got rid of my gladiator, too tough with 3 good size car seats, and me being 6’4, having a full size truck and now a jeep again on the side is great, but there will come a day where I’ll need to get all 3 of them back there and ideally we’ll have a second jeep by then and can split them up lol

This is why I got rid of my gladiator, too tough with 3 good size car seats, and me being 6’4, having a full size truck and now a jeep again on the side is great, but there will come a day where I’ll need to get all 3 of them back there and ideally we’ll have a second jeep by then and can split them up lol
Ya I have 2 jeeps now but sold my 2020 mega cab dodge to daily the 392 which has ALOT less space lol.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m hoping a third doesn’t come along for us! Space for another car seats is our biggest concern lol

Top Bottom