392 axle questions...

Rusty762

Hey guys, new to the forum but lifelong crawler. Have a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited I have been building for the last 10 years and have some new family members that want to start joining us on our adventures. I test drove a 392 yesterday and loved it, I know they are full time four wheel drive and just curious about going to stronger axles in the future like some Dynatrac's with locking hubs on the 392.

Hey guys, new to the forum but lifelong crawler. Have a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited I have been building for the last 10 years and have some new family members that want to start joining us on our adventures. I test drove a 392 yesterday and loved it, I know they are full time four wheel drive and just curious about going to stronger axles in the future like some Dynatrac's with locking hubs on the 392.
Essentially nothing will change as both the stock axle and aftermarket don’t have the FAD. Of course going to something like Dynatrac or anything with hubs will allow you to actually unlocked them compared to having a FAD. So if the question is if you can do it, yes you can no problem.

it’s my understanding that most are using a Tazer to disable the full time 4 wheel drive.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Disciple said. Unfortunately, even though you can turn off the full time 4WD, that won't fix or get rid of the crappy t-case.

Top Bottom