38X12.50R17 NITTO Ridge Grapplers

j0e

> The only thing holding us up is a new set of KMC beadlock wheels

Do they require spacers? According to raceline, Tires beads over.620 start requiring spacers. Spacers are 1/8 inch thick
I've got my beadlocks RT81 ROCK 8 SERIES & NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER M/T 38X13.50R17LT on orde, but I don't know the bead width.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
> The only thing holding us up is a new set of KMC beadlock wheels

Do they require spacers? According to raceline, Tires beads over.620 start requiring spacers. Spacers are 1/8 inch thick
I've got my beadlocks RT81 ROCK 8 SERIES & NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER M/T 38X13.50R17LT on orde, but I don't know the bead width.
Unlike other beadlock wheels, KMC uses really thick rings and bolts and they do NOT require the use of spacers.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Funny that you say that. I’ve blown out the rear ring and pinion twice in less than a year. And I was told the same thing that the low opinion is stronger. What was the reasoning behind the high pinion in the first place? Was it just for more clearance or just what DynaTrac it at the time?
The original reasoning for the high pinion axle was greater strength for the front. Has something to do with the direction the pinion turns the gear. High pinions became popular for rear axles back in the 90s for greater ground clearance and reduced driveshaft angles. That was back when 37s were huge and 40s mind-boggling.

Top Bottom